Rise and Walk Above the Ordinary - in Covenant Culture!
by Tonja Taylor

 "So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." -- Romans 12:1-2, MSG

This world--even many who call themselves "Christian"!--is so messed up that ONLY the Truth of Christ Jesus the LORD, Who is the Living Word (John 1), the Holy Bible, can repair it! 

And we are living Bibles to those around us (2 Corinthians 3:1-3), whether we realize it or not. Be assured of this: MANY ARE WATCHING YOU, to see how you live, how you respond to various situations; to see if your walk matches your talk! 

None of us are perfect, but are working toward "perfection" (which the Word defines as "mature" and "complete") by continuing to learn the ways of our awesome all-knowing God, Who is Love (I John 4:8). 

That's what every human truly wants: to be loved. They must see the Love of Christ in us. That's how any culture is transformed for good: The true God in action--through us, His kids!  

That reminds me; I need to go an review I Corinthians 13:4-8 out loud in just a minute--and think about it through the day; to ask the LORD to love through me. This never means we become a doormat for others nor allow them to abuse us, for Love also corrects (Prov. 29:17). 

When we are truly walking in the Love of God, we are, by our lives, helping to transform this (very!) confused, evil, sick and stupid culture of the world into what it should have been all along: Covenant Culture! 

So let's pray! LORD, thank You for saving me by the grace of Jesus to be Your child and know and live for You. Help me to allow more of You to flow through me, so that the world may see Your love and want to be part of Your Royal Family. In Jesus' name, and thank You. I receive Your help, amen!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print