Prayer for the United States of America
by Tonja Taylor

Praying God’s Word is one of the most powerful prayers we could ever voice. Most of us are familiar with this Scripture that is often prayed for our beloved USA:

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Let it be, Father God!

Recently, the LORD opened my eyes to pray these additional verses over the USA. He gave me revelation that "the west" is what many call the North American region, and that I could use that in intercession for our country. 

Isaiah 24:14 (NIV)  "They raise their voices, they shout for joy; from the west they acclaim the Lord’s majesty."

Isaiah 59:19 (AMPC)  "So [as the result of the Messiah’s intervention] they shall [reverently] fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives].”

The LORD showed me as I voiced these verses, to say “The United States of America” in place of “the west”.

Recently, I was honored to hear teaching by an apostle from South Africa, who said that she and her team pray and fast for America–for they know that what happens in America affects the world.

So let us humble ourselves and pray and proclaim, and our good God Who founded and keeps and has had great mercy on our country will hear and answer!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print