Growing Into the Clothes
by Tonja Taylor

Isaiah 61:10, AMPC:   I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

The LORD laid it on my heart to sow a lovely fuschia formal dress to a young lady at my school. She was very grateful, but told me that her mother said she couldn’t wear it yet; it would be kept for her to wear in high school.

So it is with the “clothes,” or mantles (callings, destiny, or whatever name you give the Plan of the LORD for your life and the gifts which He gives you to share Christ with the world and bring Him glory); we must grow into them. As we take step after step in obedience, the LORD is faithful to grow us up into Him, so that, when the time (and our spirits and souls!) are right, the spiritual clothing He has so graciously given us will fit just right, and be lovely to behold!

Here are a few Scriptures the LORD led me to about our spiritual “clothing”:

1 Thessalonians 5:24 says, “Faithful is He Who is calling you [to Himself] and utterly trustworthy, and He will also do it [fulfill His call by hallowing and keeping you].”

2 Thessalonians 1:11, "With this in view we constantly pray for you, that our God may deem and count you worthy of [your] calling and [His] every gracious purpose of goodness, and with power may complete in [your] every particular work of faith (faith which is that leaning of the whole human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness)."

Ephesians 4:1, "I therefore, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God’s service,"

Back to the student: This young lady, who is a very smart, sweet, and respectful person, is growing daily. She has the Favor of God upon her, for the LORD kept speaking to me to give her that dress. But He gave us all that we have; everything is His. And when He leads us to redistribute His wealth and we obey, we are always both blessed and a blessing, and He is glorified.

I know the harvest off the lovely dress will come back to me in a harvest in the form that I need, for the LORD is faithful. Meanwhile, the young lady’s spirit was strengthened and delighted, and I believe she understands more about how her right attitude and behavior bring unexpected blessings!

Part of her calling as a student, and a daughter of God, is to display this righteous behavior, and already He is working in her life in tangible ways.Prase Him! 

Part of my calling as a Believer is to be obedient to His Spirit to sow, and as I do (and as you hear and obey!), we are walking worthy of our divine callings and correctly wearing the clothes of Righteousness.



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print