Time Capsules of Thankfulness
by Tonja Taylor

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His rightness and justice, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
 
Therefore will I give thanks and extol You, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to Your name.
 
This is a great project for your family or church. The LORD also inspired me to 
do this for English class with my darling fourth graders at the public school where I once taught. I had the students each write 100 things for which they are thankful, writing on one side of the paper, leaving a space between, so they could (after reading all those statements again, of course!) cut their papers into strips, having 100 “Things I am Thankful For.”
 
Then they put these into the glass “Time to be Thankful” bottles I gave them. I gave them stickers to decorate the bottles, with, and suggested that they pull the strips out of the bottles weeks, months, even years later, and reread all these things for which to thank God.

Another idea is to let them use permanent markers or washable paints to decorate. Even better is to use colored paper, and even let them draw pictures to illustrate their statements of thankfulness! 

I was delighted that, once they got started, several of my students surpassed 100 and one went on to write literally 200 hundred things for which he was thankful!

Truly, as I reminded them, with so much of the world–including America– having such hard times, we have so very much to thank the LORD for!

 

 


Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print