GOD-TRACKING IS SURRENDERING THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD TO JESUS
by Dudley Anderson

GodTracker 739
The e-devotional helping to keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at godtracker.co.uk

1 Peter 5:7
casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you

Author Bruce Larson tells how he counselled people who were struggling to surrender their lives to Christ. He says, “For many years I worked in New York City and counselled at my office any number of people who were wrestling with this yes-or-no decision. Often, I would suggest they walk with me from my office down to the RCA Building on Fifth Avenue. In the entrance of that building is a gigantic statue of Atlas, a beautifully proportioned man who, with all his muscles straining, is holding the world upon his shoulders. There he is, the most powerfully built man in the world, and he can barely stand up under this burden. 'Now that's one way to live,' I would point out to my companion, 'trying to carry the world on your shoulders. But now come across the street with me.'

"On the other side of Fifth Avenue is Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and there behind the high altar is a little shrine of the boy Jesus, perhaps eight or nine years old, and with no effort, he is holding the world in one hand. My point was illustrated graphically.”

Jesus Christ said, “Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Then he added, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Jesus took the weight of the world on your behalf. The Bible tells us that God made him, who had no sin, to be sin for us so that, in him, we might have the righteousness of God imputed into us. You see, it was sin and corruption that has caused you and me to be overloaded by the cares of the world. Jesus removed the consequence of that sin when he died and rose again. Therefore, if we come to him and cast our cares on him, he will give us rest. 

Our Lord is willing to take responsibility for your life if you acknowledge him in all your ways. Our Lord is willing to grant you peace that exceeds all reason if you present your needs to him with thanksgiving. Greater is your Lord within in you than all the forces of darkness in the world, and nothing will ever separate you from his love.

God-tracking is surrendering the weight of the world to Jesus

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Matthew 11:28-30
2 Corinthians 5:21
1 Peter 5:1-5
Philippians 4:4-7
1 John 4:4
Romans 8:31-39

Follow Dudley on Twitter twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

I present my needs to you with thanksgiving; thank you that you are willing and very able to meet all my needs

“Dear Father, thank you for the promises of your word, reminding me that you love me and desire to relieve me of all my burdens. I come to you now, in the name of Jesus, and cast all my cares on you. Lord, I am weary of bearing the weight of the world upon my shoulders. I know you are great – greater than me – so I cast all my worries and concerns upon your shoulders. I present my needs to you with thanksgiving; thank you that you are willing and very able to meet all my needs according to your riches, in Christ. Praise you, O my Lord. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today, please email me, [email protected]

 

***************************
A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

God-tracking Through the year – year one & God-tracking Through the year – year two are two very inspiring devotional books, each featuring 52 GodTracker thoughts to help you seek and track the plans of God.

“I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU,” SAYS THE LORD.

Yours, over this Christmas season, for only £6.00 each.

Buy online at https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1293719

(Don’t forget to select your country before placing your order.)

***************************

----------------------------

What is GodTracker?

GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to podcasts by Dudley Anderson at, godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts  



Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print