Why God Hates Magic
by Tonja Taylor

What is power? Some people think magic is powerful. There is a form of power in magic, but it is nothing compared to the power of the true God.

Magic--whether black (as in open devil/satan worship, or even the worship and adoration of “zombies”, “werewolves”, or ”vampires”—which do not exist, but are merely a myth), or Wicca and “white witchcraft” (where witches pretend to do good things but are still working for or worshiping the devil!)--is a form of power. But it is perverted power. True power comes from God, the Holy One!

One of the reasons people don’t understand the power of God is because of unbelief, and because most of what our awesome God does is supernatural, but not spectacular. God is not a showoff.

Since Adam and Eve, the devil has been trying to imitate God's power. The major way he does that is by "magic," or “sorcery". This includes things like Ouija boards, Tarot cards, tea leaves, astrology, horoscopes, levitation, seances, divination, soothsaying, voodoo, augury, enchantments, spells, "white magic," "black magic," and more. Even things that appear innocent, like Harry Potter, are a weak imitation of God’s power.

God hates lies. And because He hates lies, He hates magic, because it's a lie. The Harry Potter series and more, books and movies on half-human, half-animal beings, are not from God.

The devil is the father of lies, and he uses magic to keep people away from the true power--God. God mentions in the Bible several times that magic is an "abomination"--something so revolting to God that it makes Him absolutely hate it! Look what God says about it:

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer,” Deuteronomy 18:10.

And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger,” 2 Kings 17:17.

God hates magic, because it is a very cheap, poor copy of the awesome true Power of God. So he sent Jesus to destroy this and the effects of all the works of the devil. And Jesus, the True Power, did! (1 John 3:8)

Miraculous magic, or false power, is seen in Exodus 7, when the magicians that worked for Pharaoh could only imitate the first few miracles God did through Moses. They couldn't even make the frogs and locusts go away, much less keep their children from being killed.

But real miracles happened when God protected His people them from the avenger angel with the covering of the blood of the lamb, parted the ocean for His people to walk through on dry land, and then let it go back to drown the Egyptians as they chased the Hebrews (Exodus 7-13).

False power is when, in 1 Kings 18, 450 prophets who worshipped the false god, Baal, dressed up and spent all morning doing dumb dances, straining their voices trying to get Baal to wake up (dead gods never wake up), and even cut themselves with knives, hoping their blood and scars would get Baal's attention

We see a real miracle in 1 Kings 18. Elijah the prophet, who had challenged the prophets of Baal to a contest to prove who was the real God, looked up to Heaven (after the Baal-worshippers had their turn). He said, 
"Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Lord, show these people that You are God by answering by fire!”

Instantly, the God of Heaven, the true God who is the true power, sent fire from Heaven and burnt up the sacrifice. Even the water and stones were burned!

The only true power Is from God. A God who raises people from the dead—now that’s power! And He has made this power available to us through the gift of His Holy Spirit. The only thing we must do is believe in Jesus Christ.

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 1:19-20

Ask the LORD to teach you more about His power and to deliver you from the chains of involvement in any of these things against Him. He loves you, and He will help you!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print