Win Souls With This Prayer Rock Craft
by Tonja Taylor

This is my custom variation of a "Prayer Rock," which was a plain small stone someone gave me years ago, with a poem about the importance of prayer. Kids can make these and give to friends, teachers, family, and even people they don't know (with parental supervision) when you go to new places).

You and your family can make this easy, delightful craft to give, and you'll be planting seeds about how to know and love God!

Instructions:
Gather as many small stones or buy polished ones, natural or man-made, as you want to give. Get curling ribbon, a permanent marker, and paper to print the poem on. We used plain printer paper and typed the poem below into our printer (I made several columns in MS Word, to get several copies of the poem on one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper), then cut them to size. You can use colored paper, and print graphics, or draw your own pictures, if you want to make it even more interesting.

Punch a hole in one corner of the poem (below), tie ribbon around it, and then tie the ribbon around the rock, or tape it to the rock. Take the permanent marker and draw a cross on the rock. One variation that God gave me is to draw a heart in the center of the cross--for it was Jesus, Who is Love Who hung on that cross for us!

I also wrote a short invitation to our church and attached it.

Another variation of these Rocks was when we made "Hallelujah Treats" to hand out around Oct. 31. We used the poem, the invitation to our church, and substituted candy for the rock. We assembled these, gathered a few friends, dressed in costumes that wouldn't offend God.

Then we visited local neighborhoods, "treating" people by giving the candy, inviting them to church, and telling them Jesus loved them. Every one of the people were shocked and delighted--they were expecting people to come to get; they weren't expecting anyone to come to give!

These are excellent to give at convenience stores, shopping centers, your child's school parties, and anywhere you have the freedom to give. Get creative and make your own designs. The possibilities are unlimited!

I have modified the prayer rock idea that I found long ago, but I wrote this poem, below, and you can copy and put it with the rocks, to tell people about Jesus!


PRAYER ROCK
You are looking for Jesus of
Nazareth, Who was crucified.
He is risen; He is not here.”
---Mark 16:6


Jesus loves you
This is true--
He has a dynamite
Life for you! !

He’s your best friend
Your patient Boss;
He died for you
Upon the cross.

Just ask Him right
Into your heart
That’s the way
Best life you start.

He’ll go with you
Everywhere
Blessing you
With loving care.

copyright 2011



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print