JESUS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
by Lupie Riley

JESUS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  This holy book called the Bible is a revelation of Christ from Genesis to Revelation.  The word revelation is a revealing of who Jesus was, is and is to come.  He's found in the old testament as well as the new.  But first one must believe that this book is God breathed.  If there's any doubt it will be just another book of fables and fiction.  


Starting in Genesis God is revealed as the Creator of all things.  From Old Testament to new we find who that Creator was. Colossians 1:15-16 tells us "Christ is the exact likeness of the unseen God.  He existed before God made anything at all, and, in fact, Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can't; the spirit world with kings and kingdoms, it's rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use an glory."
After Adam and Eve's disobedience Satan became the owner of planet earth and death entered the world picture, all creation began to die.   Who could save mankind from this fall of grace.   Only one sinless person could redeem man from the gripes of Lucifer, his name is Jesus.


Hebrews 2:14-15 tells us "Since we, God's children, are human beings--made of flesh and blood--he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the Devil who had the power of death.  Only in that way could He deliver those who through fear of death have been living their lives as slaves to constant  dread."
Do these two verses take on a new meaning of CHRISTMAS for you?  Jesus, the sinless One, took upon himself the price for sin through his own life blood on the cross so that mankind could be redeemed from the hold that Satan had on their souls.  It comes down to believing in what the Word says about Jesus, who he is, why he had to die and because of his resurrection HE'S ALIVE!. As a believer He indwells in Spirit sealing us as God's children.  How can we reject an offer of forgiveness like this, the best Christmas present we could ever receive.  Maranatha


Prayer:  Father God, I believe in who you are and what you've done to redeem me from the hands of the enemy.  I am privileged this Christmas season to address you as Abba, Father.  Amen


Verse:  John 3:5,6,7 " Jesus replied, "What I am telling you so earnestly is this: Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.  Men can only reproduce human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven; so don't be surprised at my statement that you must be born again."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print