Repurpose Old Photo Frames For Christ
by Tonja Taylor

 

After years of writing out Scriptures on various pieces of paper—and them getting tattered as I’d pick them up and read them often—I started longing for nicer looking forms of the Word. Having been a divorced single mom for almost seven years, I was being convservative with money.

I loved the Word and longed to have beautiful paintings and other matted wall hangings of the Word like I saw in the stores, which were almost always, I felt, too expensive for me. Once though, I found a cute $2 framed pic at the dollar store with a drawing of a house and the Scripture, “As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”  I bought it and still have it today!

But about a year ago, i was going through the storage and decided to take out the photos from their frames to save space. For some reason, I decided to keep the frames instead of discarding them. Then shortly, the Holy Spirit inspired me to find my favorite verses, print them out in a fancy script and print them off, or use my calligraphy training and colored markers to make art from my beloved verses, that would then be mounted in a nice frame I could enjoy reading often.

One of them is right above my computer and I see it (and rehearse it out loud) often! (Curious about which one? It's Psalm 30:12, the Passion Translation: "How could I be silent when it's time to praise You? Now my heart sings out loud, bursting with joy--a bliss inside that keeps me singing, 'I can never thank You enough!'")

You can do the same, and even sell them or give them as gifts. You can also glue 3D objects to them or do your own illustrations. You can use colored paper for the background and print the Scriptures on white paper for a lovely contrast.

Go for it, and have fun. I know our heavenly Father enjoys our joy in finding new creative ways to enjoy His life-giving Word!

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print