NEW BEGINNING IN 2020
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  As we reflect back on 2019 what aspirations did we fail to complete?  Will the New Year be different?  We have 365 untouched days ahead what will change?  Could it be your marriage, relationships, parenting or priorities?  What will you invest your time and energy in?  The New Year can be a time of improvement in all area's of your life.  Here are a few suggestions that can make 2020 a historical change for the better.


1.  Spend more time in the Word.  If we want to know a person better we refer to their biography or life story.  The Bible is Jesus biography.  It's also the foundation for all TRUTH.  In today's world we ask ourselves who can we believe?  Bank tellers can immediately recognize a fraudulent bill by studying the genuine.  Christians will be able to identify false doctrine because they know what the Word says.

 There are many voices in the world today telling you how to live but there's only one person that knows you by name,  knows all about you and the direction you should go because He lives in eternity.


2.  Less reliance on technology.  Turn off the cell phone and tech toys and spend time with those you love on a one to one basis.  Go visit a relative or friend that you haven't spoken to in awhile.  Forget the texting and look into their eyes and share your love for them.


3.  Make peace with those who have offended you and do a kind deed for those in need.  Start your New Year filled with God's peace and joy (a sign of the Holy Spirit,  God's presence within.)


4.  Be aware that we all will stand before the Holy One on Judgment day.  Our conscious minds are like a computer storing and recording every moment of our day, where we go, what we do and how we speak.  This is why we can recall in detail events in the past.  This record will be revealed as we stand before God and on life's scales how will you measure up?  Maranatha


Prayer:  Father God, help me to make this fresh new start in the New Year pleasant in your eyes doing those things that meet your approval and blessing.  Amen
Verse:  II Cor. 5:10 " For we must all stand before Christ to be judged and have our lives laid bare--before Him.  Each of us will receive whatever he deserves for the good or bad things he has done in his earthly body."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print