God's Wisdom Will Light Your Path
by Tonja Taylor

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. -Psalm 119:105

If you were a car and it was dark on the road, you'd need a light to see. Cars have headlights because without them, no one would be able to drive in the dark without crashing into things and hurting themselves.

This world is very dark, and getting darker all the time. That's the way it will be until King Jesus returns. And we need the light of the wisdom of God---His Word---to guide us on the road of this life.

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life; He is the Light of the world. We cannot live (or drive) safely without His light to show us the way. He says in Proverbs to: Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not: neither decline from the words of my mouth. (Prov. 4:5b- 6 Dake's)

The meaning of "wisdom" is to do what God tells us to. Just as our parents have rules for us to follow, how much more does God, Who created us and knows us better than we know ourselves. As every good parents does, He gave us His kids rules to live by (His Word) because He loves us and wants to protect us from harm. He wants to show us the right way to go.

Many people think they don't need God's directions. They make life hard on themselves as they ignore God's Word--His rules about how to stay on the road. They are like cars who drive without headlights and crash into trees and run into the ditch. Some of them even run off the bridge!

However, we can choose to be wise and travel a very lovely, smooth path, understanding how to avoid obstacles, and how to drive safely in the rain, by simply reading the Bible and following God's direction. It works!

You shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that is may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess. (Deut. 5:32-3 Dake's)

The more we dig into God's Word and apply it to our lives, the wiser we will be.

We will be going the right direction, and often, when people who are going the wrong direction see what a wonderful time we're having following God's path will turn around and go the right way with us, toward Heaven!

And that is why we're still on earth--to and help people find the path of Light.

If you feel you need more wisdom, ask God; He is eager to help us be wise (Ja. 1:5). Once, when I prayed and asked Him for wisdom on something I thought was probably too small to talk to Him about, He said, "I'll always help you if you will just ask Me."

He loves us so much He gave Jesus for us, and He cares even about small things! So take advantage of the mercy and grace He extends to you through the Blood Covenant of Christ (Heb. 13:20), and ask for help.

As our Father, God is approachable any time, anywhere, about anything (Heb. 4:1613:6), when there is no known sin in our lives for which we haven't asked forgiveness.

As you spend more time in prayer and reading God's Word, you will hear His voice more quickly and easily. As you drive this life, you will hear Him say, "Turn here," or "Don't go there." He is your Leader, and knows the very best roads to take.

Follow His path of light and you'll have a wonderful adventure. Even better, you'll pick up travelers and take them the right way with you!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print