Jesus Died Three Times
by Tonja Taylor

1 Corinthians 15:36 says, "You foolish man! Every time you plant seed, you sow something that does not come to life [germinating, springing up, and growing] unless it dies first."

Seeds have to die to produce life. And just as we must choose to die to our own wills, I believe Jesus actually died that way three times:

First when He submitted His will to leave His divinity and the eternal comfort to abase Himself to become a human and come to earth to live and die to pay for our sins.

Second when He submitted His will in the Garden of Gethsemane to the perfect will of God to go to the cross and suffer all the shame and pain and humiliation, to pay for our sins.

Third, when He allowed Himself to be taken by the guards, beaten, mocked, spat upon, and physically crucified to death to pay for our sins. (John 3:16)

Thank God for His unfathomable Love!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print