See and Be the New You!
by Tonja Taylor

"Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."  --Isa. 43:18-19  Amplified Bible

Forget the former things

When my daughter Victoria was just 4 years old (almost 23 now!), I had been a single divorced mom for almost 3 years. I had discovered anointed worship music, and that was my favorite way to spend time with God and grow closer to Him.  

One day, Victoria and I were dancing to Jesus, praising the Lord to the
high powered praise and worship music.  We were full of joy, blissful, in our bare feet on the plush rug in front of the stereo.  

I had my eyes closed, hands raised, and was enjoying reveling in the Lord. My baby was following me across the rug. 

“Mama!” I heard my little one say, “
Can I walk in your footprints?

Choose to Believe in God's New You!

I stopped, and thoughts of the past hit me—a quiver full of the enemy’s fiery darts--condemnation, shame, regret. 

For a moment, I hesitated, and almost said, “only those (footprints) that follow Christ!,” but then, the Holy Spirit rose up in me and reminded me that there is 
now no condemnation to those of us in Christ Jesus, that I  was to forget the past, for He had—and that He had freed me from many bondages (AMEN!). I knelt down beside my little one, hugged her, then looked deep into her eyes. 

“Yes, Baby,” I told her, “you can follow me—because I follow Jesus!”

To think about: Is there something you are not doing because you think you don't measure up, because you think you've made too many mistakes? The Bible is full of people that made messes--and the LORD in His infinite mercy and grace and faithfulness turned them into living miracles, who often did miracles! He used them as examples for the rest of us.

So forget the former things and see the new things God is doing in your life. Trust His opinion of you, and only His opinion. Ask Him to help you be bold to follow Him, and you will have the abundant life you desire!

Prayer:  Dear Father in Heaven, help us to follow You in spirit and in truth, that we may lead our little ones in every right way, to Your glory and their benefit! In Jesus’ name, Amen.

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print