The First Things First to Be Done For A Glorious Year Ahead
by Ngozi Nwoke

Glory, it's a New Year! What does this New Year have for you? To a great extent, you determine how this year will turn out for you. What you do at the beginning of the year determines what you get at the end of it. This article encourages you to do the first things first to enjoy a glorious New Year.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you - Matthew 6:33 (NKJV).

Prepare your outside work, Make it fit for yourself in the field; and afterward build your house - Proverbs 24:27 (NKJV).

In any race, how you start affects how you run and end. So this New Year demands a great start for you to go through it and end successfully; the choice is yours. As such, wise preparation by you will yield a fruitful year for you.

The first things for the New Year

1. Thanksgiving

It is important to start the year with quality time giving thanks unto God for all He did for you last year, for bringing you into the New Year and what He intends to do for you this year. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord (Psalm 92:1). Truly, there are many things to thank God for, including your life and salvation. This is because many people started last year with you but they are no more, and your relationship with the Lord not only determines what comes to you here on earth but also where you'll spend eternity. So, you need to thank God that you're not lost.

2. Spiritual preparation

The physical manifestations result from the spiritual activities in the spiritual realm. If you don't engage in them, your enemies, including the devil, will do so against you. You need to give yourself to word study and prayer, for you are a product of what is inside of you. When you have more of God, you will behave more like Him and overcome as He does (2 Corinthians 3:18). Therefore, for you to win this year, you must partner with the Lord who has never and can never fail.

3. Seek God's kingdom.

Seeking first the kingdom of God guarantees that every other thing be added to you (Matthew 6:33). This is because everything is under subjection to God and when you please Him and do His will, He easily commands your desires to go to you. Furthermore, nothing is impossible with God, so seek His will first.

4. Plan now

Quality time with God generates ideas that will yield great fruits to you, because God wants you to succeed and have the good things of life. So, the next thing to do is to plan in line with what you have received from the Lord. The Almighty will help you execute it by directing you but you have to do the planning first (Proverbs 16:9).

5. Pursue and no procrastination

Pursuit of vision is a crucial step to take if you are to smile at the end of this New Year. Ideas and plans not executed are unprofitable and useless to you. Furthermore, pursuit of your plans provokes your creativity ability and gets you closer to your desired end. So, you must put actions to your plans, no matter how small per time. And don't give room to procrastination, for it kills visions (Proverbs 6:4-11).

6. Glorify God

As you pursue your plans, never forget to give glory to God for every step or stage you get to. Continuous glory unto the Lord attracts more of His divine intervention and you know you can't go far without Christ (John 15:5). Therefore, it's not enough to start with God; you must continue and end with Him for you to enjoy a glorious year.

Conclusion

This New Year promises wonderful things for you, including success, but you must take steps to receive them. Again, doing the first things first as given above will cause you to overcome all the obstacles the enemy will put before you, and grant you your heart desires at the end of the year. However, you must hold unto God all through the year. It shall be a great for you in Jesus name.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print