The Promised Land
by PamFord Davis

Sunday school is just for children.

Wrong.

We're never too old to study the Bible. I still have much to learn. Recently, when reading my adult Sunday school lesson; I realized something about Moses.

The LORD instructed Moses to ‘speak’ to a rock.

“Take the rod; and you and your brother Aaron assemble the congregation and speak to the rock before their eyes, that it may yield its water (Numbers 20:11a NASB).”

Angry, Moses ‘struck’ the rock.

“And he said to them, ‘Listen now, you rebels; shall we bring forth water for you out of this rock?’ Then Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation and their beasts drank (Numbers 20:10b-11 NASB).”

He saw the Promised Land; he didn’t enter.

“Then the Lord said to Moses, Go up to this mountain of Abarim, and see the land which I have given to the sons of Israel. When you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother was; for in the wilderness of Zin, during the strife of the congregation, you rebelled against My command to treat Me as holy before their eyes at the water (Numbers 27:12-14a NASB).”

The lesson writer said Moses was at Jesus’ transfiguration.

“Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves.  And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him (Matthew 17:1-3 NASB).”

My realization: Moses didn’t enter the Promised Land; he did enter holy ground. He saw the Promised Savior!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print