Delighting in Exalting El Elyon - Part 1
by Tonja Taylor

It is our privilege to exalt El Elyon (“God Most High” ) – Who is King Jesus!

When we praise and worship Him in spirit and truth, we exalt Him. And you were created and sent to earth at this time in history to bring Him glory and praise and honor--worship Him, to exalt Him!

In Webster’s Dictionary, meanings of “exalt” are: To elevate in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc. 2. to praise; extol. 3. to stimulate. 4. to intensify.”

A thesaurus has a few additional terms for “exalt”, such as adore, worship, respect, increase, and admire.

God created us to praise and worship—to exalt--Him! Praise and worship are so important to the Most High God that He mentions "praise" in the Bible 340 times, and "worship" 158 times!

He so desires that we praise and worship Him that He gets really upset if we worship someone or something else! He loves all of our attention, but let me state that He is totally worthy, for He sent Jesus the Christ to be born of a virgin and live and teach and die then be resurrected, so we could be free and forgiven, and go to Heaven to live in Paradise when our bodies die.

But praise and worship is not just for Him!

God is good, and all good, and only good. He is our good, loving, faithful Faithful, and in Him there is no darkness at all! In His omniscience, He decided that when we praise and worship Him, He will live in or manifest His Presence to us (Psalm 22:3): “But You are holy, O You Who dwell in [the holy place where] the praises of Israel [are offered].

When we praise and worship the LORD, we can experience Him more deeply, hear His Voice more easily, and have miracles!

Miracles are still as real today and happen every day, as much as in the Old Testament, for HALLELUJAH, Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever! (Hebrews 13:8)! He does miracles to help us His created and beloved ones. He teaches us to praise and worship Him to (1) drive away demonic forces and carnal thoughts that would distract us from what God is trying to do and teach us; and (2) to get our hearts and souls (minds, wills, and emotions) focuses on how good God is and how much He loves us and wants to help us!

In part 2, we will look at the definitions of “praise” and “worship,” and you can gain insight on new or additional ways to exalt the LORD.

 

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print