Even Hoarders Can Be Free
by Tonja Taylor

“Okay Ron, give it up. You can do this!”

The consultant (who just spoke) pleads from across the room. Then she starts to command. Finally, she starts walking toward a man who is crouched in a corner, clutching something.

As she walks, a group of scientists walk between them. They stop and stare at Ron and scribble something on their pads, whisper among themselves, shake their heads, and walk on.

The consultant, who had paused while the scientists intervened, walks over to the man crouched on the floor, and commands, “Ron, stand up. Stand up and speak."

She waits, and Ron doesn't move.

"Ron," she says in a sweeter tone, "I believe in you. You can do this.

Then the camera pans and we see a group of several men in a circle.

They don’t look happy.

Ron finally joins the circle and says, “Hello, my name is Ron. It all started…” he gulps, shuts his eyes, then blurts, “Yes. I am…..an information hoarder! There!” he cries to the consultant. “I said it!”

The consultant nods but says nothing. However, she slowly walks over to Ron  and holds out her hand.

Finally, after much persuasion from the group and the consultant, Ron allows her to pry the papers from his hand: several “To do lists” from days gone by.

Ron is crying, but as the group starts clapping, he starts to smile. 

The consultant holds up the papers--then gives them back to Ron.

He looks surprised, until she grabs a trash can and smiles, and waits. 

Ron sighs, then holds the wadded papers over the can, and finally, drops them.

The crowd claps wildly, and the consultant puts down the can, motions to Ron to stand and bow. Then she hugs him. 

"I knew you could do it!"

She turns back to the group. "Now, mighty men, let us repeat the “12 Steps to Freedom, with our first words being the words of the Master of Freedom Himself: 31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.”

Amen and Amen!

 

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print