How to Have a Mail Ministry
by Tonja Taylor

You can have a mail (or email, or text) ministry. All you need is a Bible, a pen or pencil or marker, paper to write on, and stamps.

Always send “Thank yous,” but also send cards for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, births, engagements, holidays, and "just because," especially to those you know need encouragement (and who doesn’t?).

You can even send birthday cards in the wrong month on purpose and people will be delighted. We all like to be surprised, and good surprises are some of the spice of life. Once a friend sent me a birthday card in June instead of January, and I was tickled! Not only was I glad to hear from her, but I was pleased that she had been thinking of me—even if she got the birthday month wrong! See, what counted was that she thought of me and cared enough to tell me about it.

And just think, GOD is thinking of ALL of us with unconditional, total LOVE--EVERY MOMENT! Doesn’t that blow your mind?!

You can buy cards very economically at dollar stores, or make them yourself—which is an excellent project for elementary children, especially if they enjoy writing and crafts. Construction paper, glitter-glue, colored markers, and pictures drawn or cut from magazines, plus pipe cleaners, leaves, seeds, foil, feathers, beads, and other items give fun choices and allow for much creative expression.You can also create and send electronic cards via computer, which is an excellent way to interest and teach your children how to do more with a computer than just type.



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print