KNOWING GOD BETTER
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  How many of us would like to have a closer relationship with the great I AM, Creator of all things, King Jesus?  To find the answer to that question we would go the source of all God breathed TRUTH and WISDOM, the Bible.
"Do you want more and more of God's kindness and peace?  Then learn to know him better and better.  For as you know him better he will give you through his great power, everything you need for living a truly good life:  he even shares his own glory and his own goodness with us!  And by that same power he has given us all the other rich and wonderful blessings he promised; for instance, the promise to save us from the lust and rottenness all around us and to give us his own character." (II Peter 2:4 LB)


1.  To obtain these gifts it's more then faith, it's the response that follows.
2.  You must work hard to be good (obedience to the Word)
3.  You must learn to know God better and discover what he wants you to do (read His Word)
4.  You must put aside your own desires so that you will become patient and godly, gladly letting God have His way with you.
5.  You are to enjoy other people and to like them and finally you will grow to love them deeply.  The more you go on in this way the more you will grow strong spiritually and become fruitful and useful to our Lord Jesus Christ. (II Peter 1:5-8)


How many of us are willing to follow these steps?  The enemy knows that if we do we will become useful to the Lord because we would be fulfilling His plan that he had for us from our first breath of life. (Psalms 139:16)


Prayer:  Father God, I need you to help me follow through with these instructions so I may become spiritually strong and useful as I live in your will for my life.
Verse:  II Peter 1:9 "But anyone who fails to go after these additions to faith is blind indeed, or at least very shortsighted and has forgotten that God delivered him from the old life of sin so that now he can live a strong, good life for the Lord."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print