In Your Name
by Tonja Taylor

"You're still collecting Bibles to send to other countries, right?" Tyna asked me at church that Sunday.

"Yes! We have nother pick up soon. They go to about 175 countries!"

"Okay, I won't be there, but just tell the person in charge that I told you to come pick up the Bibles in the control room. There are six boxes."

She had been the chaplain at the youth detention facility for years, and of course I knew she meant what she said. She told me how to get there. 

"Great. Thanks!" I told her. "I'll go tomorrow."

"Good. I've already told them you're coming

So, at her instruction, I went the next day. I backed up to the sidewalk, and popped the trunk. I buzzed the door and was let in. "Tyna said there are boxes in the control room for me to pick up for ministry," I said. 

The guard motioned me into a room. "This must be them," she said. "Let me call someone to help you load them."

"Thank you," I said. 

Shortly, another guard and two young teen boys came. They grabbed boxes and I took the top one. They quickly loaded the boxes and I thanked them and asked them if they were in the Word. 

They responded politely and said yes. I said, "Good! It's working! And it's changed my life. These Bibles are going all over the world!"

One boy stuck out his hand for me to shake it. I shook his and the other boy's and the guard's, and told them all thank you and God bless you. 

On the way home, my heart ached for them, and I asked the LORD to help His Word come alive for them, and to give them credit in the souls these Bibles will touch. 

Later that night, it occured to me that, simply on the authority of Tyna's name, I was able to walk in as a stranger--not having to show any ID nor any other proof that it was right for me to do this--and not only get the stuff, but have them help me load it!

I rejoiced when that revelation hit me, for how much greater is the authority we have to use the Name of Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, the Son of God, the Holy One, to access all that He died to give us!

Thank You, LORD, for Your Name! Teach us how to use it! 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print