WHAT ARE YOU COUNTING ON ?
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  What are you counting on to get to heaven?  Is it church membership, tithing, good deeds?  None of these things count with God.  What He wants from us is to believe His message of Salvation through the shed blood of Christ.  Jesus tells us He is the only way, truth and life back to God.  He is the key that opens heavens door.
What are the signs of someone who has had a true born-again spiritual experience?


1.  JOY--There is a great relief from guilt.  All sins, bad choices have been forgiven.
2.  PEACE--You will have a peace that overcomes you that you've never had before.  II Cor. 5:17. " When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore.  A new life has begin."
3.  HUNGER--You hunger for His Word.  You will want to know Him better since he now resides in your heart. Psalms 119:105 and I John 2:27 " But you have received the Holy Spirit and he lives within you, in your heart so that you don't need anyone to teach you what is right.  For he teaches you all things and he is the TRUTH and no liar; and so just as he has said, you must live in Christ never to depart from him."
4.  PLAN--He has a plan for your life. Psalms 139:16 "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Everyday was recorded in your Book!!
5.  STAY TRUE--Don't go back to your old ways.  Rom.12:1,2 "Don't copy the behavior and customs of the world but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think.  Then you will learn from your own experience how His ways will really satisfy you. "
6.  BE THANKFUL--For all the daily blessings He sends your way. I Thess. 5:18 "No matter what happens always be thankful for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
7.  ABUNDANT LIFE--This does not necessarily mean material riches but spiritual wealth as you spend time with Him on a daily basis, reading His Word, obeying His Word and spending time with Him in prayer. John 10:10 "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."
Are you confident your going to Heaven?  If not invite Christ into your life today and He will open wide those gates when your time comes.


Prayer:  Father God, I'm amazed at the thought that you knew me before I took my first breath.  How well you know me and know me by my name.  The wonders of it all and the hope it gives me that I do have a future after this earthly life is over.  Amen


Verse:  Math. 5:6-8  "Happy are those who long to be just and good for they shall be completely satisfied.  Happy are the kind and merciful for they shall be shown mercy.  Happy are those whose hearts are pure for they shall see God."  



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print