In Our Passing
by PamFord Davis

Do you read the obituaries?

I read them regularly. Living in several states in the past, I read our local Louisiana death announcements but those from other states as well.

Death comes…

“And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27 NKJV).”

I will die. Family members and friends will die too.

We will be listed among the deceased in newspaper obituaries.

Some will say we ‘passed away.’

We'll be honored in our passing.

God is good.

He has a positive viewpoint on passing.

Believers have passed from death into life!

“Then Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

‘Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life (John 5:19-24 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print