You Are Wanted
by Mark Nickles

            Sadly, loneliness is quite common, today. Many people feel secluded, isolated and unwanted. Such feelings lead to depression, antisocial behavior, illness and even, in the most extreme cases, violence or death. There are many reasons why people feel alone, but for the purposes of this column, I want to address an important fact: NO ONE is unwanted by God.

            The best news a person can receive is that God wants them, and made a way for them to have a relationship with him. Psalm 14:2 tells us that God looks at the earth, in search of those who seek him. He is anxious to make meaningful contact with those who are searching. What’s more, we learn in Romans 5:8 that “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” In other words, before we ever gave God any thought, he made a way, through his son Jesus, for us to know him as our heavenly father.

            Not only does the father have a record of seeking us out, but Jesus, the son of God, continued that trend. Luke 19:10 tells us that “the Son of Man (Jesus) came to seek and to save the lost.” God sent his own son to earth, in search of those who did not know God, that they might have an ongoing, ever-deepening relationship with him.

            Hopefully, you are beginning to get the idea. Not only are you valuable to someone, you are priceless to God! Not only are you wanted, no less than the creator of the universe seeks you out! This very day, you could personally know Jesus as your Savior and Lord. In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” In ancient Hebrew culture, to share supper was a sign of intimacy and friendship. Will you accept Jesus’ offer of a relationship which results in purpose and peace now, and heaven for eternity?



Mark Nickles is a husband, father of three, and a pastor in Northeastern Oklahoma. Copyright, Mark A. Nickles.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print