LEGACY - Crafting Your Child's Future With Words - Part 2
by Tonja Taylor

In the Old Testament, a father's blessing was priceless, so prized that it could cause men to scheme to steal the blessing from one another, and worse (Genesis 27). It was a prediction of the future of the one over whom the father's words were spoken. It was the most precious legacy a child could receive, far above the servants and flocks and herds.

 Today, under the New Covenant created by the shed blood of Jesus the Christ, women who have accepted the LORD have been made priestesses. With respect to the husbands being the head of their households as ordered by God, the New Covenant empowers the Word of God spoken by mothers over their children to have as much impact as any their fathers would say. This column will teach you how to do that.

The most important thing is that the children are blessed daily, whether by father or mother, or, preferably, both, for unity is essential to the total success of the family, to the success of the covering, the protection, remaining intact. A break in the covering allows the enemy access to your kids, but the Word of God defeats him. As Jesus answered when He was tempted by the devil, "It is written..." (Matthew 4; Luke 4). The Sword of the Spirit is the answer!

The Word of God is not chained, does not return empty, and accomplishes that for which it is sent by God. Speaking God's Word over any person--including yourself!--sets positive changes in motion that cannot be defeated nor contained! Hallelujah!

According to one internationally-respected apostle, the work of Jesus Christ is finished. He's already done all He is going to do. The rest is up to us. If we want the future to be better, it is our responsibility to shape our children to be their spiritual best.

Our words are much more powerful than we might think, and it is the privilege and duty of us as parents to speak the Word of God over our children daily--both defensively and offensively. Our enemy the devil was defeated 2000 by King Jesus; by speaking the Word of God, we enforce that defeat.

In the upcoming parts, you will learn more about the definition of the Blessing, and how to begin creating a spiritual legacy for your children that will help give them more than just "the American dream"; you will help give them ZOE life, "life as God has it." Your blessing will impact your children's children and beyond!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print