GOD-TRACKING IS TRUSTING IN THE JOY OF THE LORD FOR YOUR STRENGTH
by Dudley Anderson

GodTracker 743
The e-devotional helping to keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at
godtracker.co.uk
SUBSCRIBE to GodTracker by e-mail

1 Chronicles 16:27
Splendour and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place.

 I grew up under the notion that to be a Christian was to exempt oneself from all fun. I was taught that Christians never laugh or joke about. It’s true, being a believer in Christ is a very serious commitment. Jesus died for my sins so I will wholeheartedly and seriously surrender my whole life to him. However, the word joy or joyful appears more than 200 times in the English Standard Version of the Bible. In fact, in Galatians we read that joy is one of the fruit of the Spirit. And by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Paul, while in imprisoned in Rome, writes, “Rejoice in the Lord always!” Then, in case you didn’t get it the first time round, he repeats himself, “Again I will say, Rejoice!”

Humour can vary across different cultures. What is funny in Africa may not be funny in Germany. However, humour is not joy; joy results from something that is funny. I believe God has a sense of humour. I think God’s humour is irony. Irony presents a deep reality in a way that causes one to smile. For instance, in the Bible, we read about when God told Abraham, who was 100-years old with a wife of 90, that he would have a son. The moment he heard this Abraham fell about laughing. In fact, when the son was born, they named him Isaac, which means laughter. That’s ironic humour. God promised Abraham that he would be the father of nations, but when he was too old to father a child, a child was born.

It's alright to get emotional about God. God loves laughter. The Bible tells us that the joy of the Lord is our strength. Get that? God’s joy is your strength! And the Scripture says, “Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob!” and “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.”

Whatever your need is today; whatever is bringing you down, I say don’t give up, look up and rejoice! The Lord is your helper. The Lord is your strength and the Lord is your joy! So, laugh in the face of your adversity

God-tracking is trusting in the joy of the Lord for your strength

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Galatians 5:22
Philippians 4:4
Genesis 21:1-7
Genesis 17:15-17
Nehemiah 8:10
Psalm 81:1
Colossians 1:11

Follow Dudley on Twitter twitter.com/godtracker
Like GodTracker on Facebook facebook.com/godtracker
SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

SO, DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

Turn my life right way up, I pray, and fil my days with laughter

“My Lord, I have been so down in the dumps, lately. So, I turn my eyes back onto Jesus and look full in his wonderful face. You, O Lord, are my strength and my joy. You, O Lord, are my hope and my future. I rest in your grace and take strength from joy. Turn my life right way up, I pray, and fill my days with laughter. Help me to live by the Spirit; the fruit of the Holy Spirit in me. In Jesus’ wonderful name. Amen.”

If you require more prayer, I’d love to pray with you. Please email [email protected]

 

*****************************
If GodTracker has been a blessing to you over the years, please consider financially supporting this ministry. Every little helps.
Please click D O N A T E at godtracker.co.uk
THANK YOU.
*****************************

 

----------------------------
What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to GodTracker podcasts by Dudley Anderson at,
godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts  



Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print