CAN DO ATTITUDE
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  Last week I was temped to have a full blown pitty party.  Most of us have been there.  I fell and fractured a rib and needless to say the pain was very high on the scale.  First thing we ask ourselves is "why me Lord?."  But what came to mind was a beautiful Christian woman named Joni Eareckson.  In her youth in 1967 a diving accident left her a quadriplegic for the rest of her life.  My broken rib didn't seem to be such a huge problem anymore.


God's Word has many promises we can claim when bad things happen.  Phill. 4:13 tells me "I can do everything (not just some) God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power."
Is it possible to actually give thanks in our times of crisis?  We are instructed to be thankful no matter what the circumstance.  I Thess. 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstance: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  So many times we shortchange ourselves of the peace we can have when we get caught up in stress, worry and loss of sleep because we fail to trust the One who sprinkled the sky with lights, our Creator, Savior and coming King.  We need a CAN DO ATTITUDE as we draw strength from our Lord.


Prayer:  Father God, I need that can do attitude in the months to come as the healing process takes place.  You have not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.  Amen


Verse:  Phill. 4:6,7 " Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do.  Remember that the Lord is coming soon.  Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print