My Brother the King
by Tonja Taylor

It used to be hard to be a princess.

When I was 10, I thought I had to dress up all the time, and speak so-so and just act all royal and snooty and such, and only have certain friends. But then when I turned 11, my brother told me to just relax and remember John 3:16 and 17—my favorite verses--Romans, Ephesians, and more. “It's all good,” he said, and grinned.

(I asked him if the Ephesians knew the Vikings that I learned about in school, and he laughed and said we were all related in some way.)

And he told me that, while we should honor the LORD, and ourselves, it doesn’t matter what we wear as long as it doesn’t get our minds off Him.

He said that kings and queens and princesses and princes are royal inside, and they know it’s not about fancy clothes. And He reminded me that to God, a flower is even prettier than the most dressed-up person, even more than King Solomon was.

So I am a princess even in my pjs! Pretty cool, huh? (But I wouldn’t wear those to church, of course. I have pretty dresses, but I sometimes wear nice jeans or pants. But that’s enough about clothes.)

My brother is lots older than me, and very smart. And he is a king. So that makes me a princess. Really. (See, when you are sister to a king, you’re a princess. But the king has the hard job.). But more on that later. First let me tell you more neat things about him.

My bro says I’m very creative —that I’m a genius, even. He says I Corinthians 2:16 says so, cause it talks about God giving us His mind, and He is the Genius that created everything! (Big WOW!)

And he says He’s given me lots of gifts and do stuff with to help people. And to just have lots of fun doing. I know about some of my gifts, but some are secrets for now, he says.

(Thank goodness he’s really good at keeping my secrets. Some of my friends say they won’t tell, but they do. But my brother never does! He calls me “Princess,” by the way, and you can too. My real name is Aurora Dominique Walker, but that sounds too grown-uppy. I prefer "Princess.”)

My brother, who knows an awful lot about people, says that many people make fun of other people’s houses. I said, “Huh?” and He said, “Like it says in Acts 10:34, God plays no favorites. He likes all kinds of houses—brown ones, white ones, yellow ones, red ones, and peachy ones, and all in between—and that inside, we’re all red.”

I said, “But we have blue in our house. Does everybody else have red?” and my brother said, “No Princess, I’m talking about our bodies, that our bodies are different colors on the outside, but on the inside—where it really matters—that we’re all red and such, from the blood.”

“Blood! Yuck!” I said.

“In the blood is the natural life, and that is why God says to not drink the blood. But the real part of a person that lives forever is invisible.”

I said, “That’s cool—I’m invisible, and you’re invisible! But I see me!”

He laughed. “No, you see your house—your body. The real you is a spirit, like God. You are a spirit, and I am a spirit. We have bodies and souls too, like Paul says in I Thessalonians 5:23, so you can’t see the real you right now. But when people die, the real person they are leaves the body and goes to live forever with our Father God in Heaven—or with the enemy to the place of torment.”

Then his voice got a little stronger. “And the words we speak can cause people to want to do good or bad. Words are very powerful. John 6:63 says good words are full of spirit and life. And Proverbs 18:21 says, ‘Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose.‘”

“Always remember that and choose life, Princess. Be like a fruit tree with lots of apples and oranges and bananas and pineapples and--”

“Hey!” I said, feeling really smart. “Pineapples don’t grow on fruit trees! Grandpa taught me that! And one tree can’t have all that fruit on it!”

He laughed (I love it when my brother laughs!) and said, “Yes, it can! The trees by the River of Life do! They have 12 fruits, fresh every month.“

I gasped. “Twelve? I’ve never heard of a tree like that! Where can I see one?”

He smiled. “You can see it in The Book--last book, last chapter, second verse. You can see it with your God-eyes right now. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait till Heaven, Sweetie.”

“But read about it, and just be like that tree for me. Imagine your good words as sweet fruit that you give to people, and that the fruit you give them makes them healthier. Okay? You know, like it says in The Book, in Matthew 7:17: 'Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.'”

“The Book talks about that in other places, too,” he said. “like the fruit of the Spirit, in Galatians 5:22.”

(I bet you can tell that my brother really likes to quote the Bible. He does that all the time. Thank goodness he makes it really interesting, even more than my Sunday School teacher does. I don’t think I’ll ever know as much as him, though!)

I suddenly remembered being rude to a girl that was mean to me, and my words making her cry, but I didn’t want to think about that. But then I remembered using my words the right way, which I liked much better. “You mean like when I tell somebody they can win the game or have a neat smile or did a good job, and they feel better?” I said. 

“Yes," he replied. "You can put your words to work and make good things happen!”

I smiled up at him. “Like you do, huh?”

“You bet," He grinned big. "Creating with words is fun!”

My brother is totally cool. He can make things happen that you probably won’t believe. But it’s not magic or anything. It’s real P-O-W-E-R! No, I hate magic, and so does he. He says it pretends to help people, but always winds up hurting them, just like alcohol or drugs or cigarettes or bad friends or too many French fries and cokes do.

My brother says magic and other junk like that makes people dumb. Very dumb. And sometimes, they get so dumb, they kill their poor little pets or even die themselves! How bad is that!

He says so many people just don’t know about our good God, about how very much He loves them all and just wants to help them. He says most people are way too worried about things that don’t matter, and this kind of puts them in jail.

“Jail!” I said. “What do you mean?”

“They’re in a jail we can’t see,” he replied, “but it’s mostly in their feelings and minds, so they don't think right. They don't think like God.”

My Brother knows all about these things, because he’s studied them for a long time. But most of all, he studies his Bible. He loves the Scriptures more than any person I know! And truly, that’s the kind of king we need—one who loves and studies his Bible, then does what it says. I think he should run for president!

(But he’s already in government. Kings just automatically are. And he says he has oodles--well, “oodles” is my word--of experience, and that it’s not nearly as complicated as most people try to make it. He says if they’d just love God and go by The Book, and make laws from it--like the really good kings did--that things would be much better.)

My brother is very wise.

In his homeland, he says, everyone goes by The Book and it just makes everything really great for all the people there.

“Why don’t we do that here?” I asked him. And he looked serious again and said that the devil was the trouble but that, when the time was right, that he (my brother the king!) would send one of his highest officers to capture that ole dragon and throw him in a hold with no end (oh wait, he says it’s supposed to be “hole,” but it sounds like either one would work!), so he can never bother anyone again.

“Why can’t you do that now?” I asked. “Don't kings make the rules?”

“To everything there is a season," he said. "Kings can make rules, but if the people don't go by them, then things don't work right.”

I decided to make a joke and see if he got it. “Are you waiting for fall, cause the ole dragon’s gonna fall in that big big hole—get it?!” I laughed, and he did a little, but then he got serious again.

“Princess, there is a proper time for everything,” he said. “I’m only waiting till every person has the chance to hear the Truth about the Word of God. We need more helpers to tell all the people in the world that the end is near, but they don't need to be afraid. They can have a wonderful forever life of joy and peace and plenty in Heaven--and on earth, too, if they'll just go by The Book."

Like kings do, my brother owns a lot of land. A lot, he says. Most of it is not here-–yet, he says. But he’s getting ready to get it all back.

(Yeah, my brother the king is from a different country, but he came here to adopt me. It’s totally cool.)

And, here's some more cool stuff about my brother. He is so generous—always giving me gifts. He knows just what I like and amazes me with some of the sweet things he does. It is so amazing having such a loving big bro!

All he asks is that I tell him “Thank You” and share my stuff if he asks me to. ‘Cause there are so many kids that don’t have anything, and they especially don’t have a generous, wonderful, funny, awesome big brother like mine.

Sometimes he asks me to give something he's given me to a little kid or even a big person. Yeah, it's kinda hard, but it's the coolest thing to see their big smiles, and they are so surprised. Often, it's like they've been really wanting just what I give them. And I love saying, “My brother the king told me to give you that.”

He’s so much fun! He loves to make people feel good. And he has the greatest sense of humor. We share some really cool jokes that even my mom doesn’t know!

But he’s also very serious. He loves people and he hates to see them in a mess. He shakes his head when he sees people make fun of God. He says they just don’t understand. And he especially hates it when kids get hurt. He’s really into kids. Says he really wants everyone in the world to be in our family.

Wow, we’d have to have oodles of bedrooms and, like, a bajillion bathrooms or something, especially for us girls! I asked him if I’d have to share, and he just laughed again. His laugh is like beautiful music or something.

He loves to hear me sing (I don’t really like my voice, but it makes him happy, so I make up songs about God for him, and he loves it!). He sometimes sings with me, and he has a voice like no one else I’ve heard.

He doesn’t have to work a regular job, like my dad (cause he’s a king, remember), and he has time to go with me on my bike, too, down the trail in our backyard.

Once, when I was fishing for crawdads and I saw a yucky huge black snake in the stream heading toward me and I was scared, I yelled, “Help me Jesus!” and he did. The snake suddenly went under and then I saw him swimming the other direction.

Whew!

Once too, when my puppy Midget stepped in a hole and broke her little leg, my brother said the LORD heard my prayer and would heal it. The vet was amazed that her leg healed so quickly! I told her God did it, and she kinda nodded and winked. I’m not sure she believed it, but anyway, that’s what happened!

My brother also has a soft spot for sick people—whether they’re sick in their bodies or their heads, or even their hearts. When he prays for people and visits them in the hospitals and such, many of them get well all the way! I think the others would too, if they would just know more how God loves them.

Some kid at school asked me the other day, “Do you believe everything your brother says?” And I said, “Of course, silly! Would God give me a big brother who’d lie to me? No way!”

Besides, my bro came all the way from another country to adopt me to be his little sis and be my BIFF (Best Invisible Friend Forever). I trust him.

And even though I can’t see my big brother, I feel perfectly safe with him. (I've tried to tell Mom and Dad about him, but they think I'm making him up.) I can’t see him, but I can hear his voice, and feel him very near. He’s very quiet sometimes, but he’s always there. He listens to all my problems, and my jokes—even when they don’t make sense.

And he never makes fun of me. He’s always cheerful and encouraging, and he knows the best secrets!

Even my mom gets grumpy at me sometimes, but not my big bro. Amazing!

He says I’m going to go lots of places when I grow up. He says I’ll help people know about God and how good He is. But I told him I don’t want to go unless he goes with me. So he said he would, every time. And that he would help me, every time.

That’s good, cause I don’t know what to do yet. And I wonder what am I going to say to mean people, or those who speak another language? But he said not to worry, he will teach me.

He says for now just to read my Bible and go to church and love everyone and pray for them, especially those that are sick or mean or rude. He says most people that act like that aren’t really mad at me, they are mad at God, which is wrong because they should really be mad at the devil, but he says don’t bother talking to them right now, ‘cause they wouldn’t believe me.

But he says my prayers will help them. Boy, there are so many people like that that I could never pray for them all! I told him I was just one little kid, and I felt him smile.

He said, “Yes, you are just one little fish. But you will help one other little fish, who will help another little fish and another, and another. That is how the ocean of the Kingdom of God grows.”

He said that Father God hears my prayers and that, when I get to Heaven, God will show me how my prayers have helped many people in this world, every day, even if I don’t know it down here.

But he knows.

Jesus knows.

My brother the king knows everything.

And that’s good enough for me.

The End

Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross to pay for the sins of the world, then He rose again and lives forever in Heaven, praying for us. He is the King of kings, and the LORD of lords!

Pilate said to Him, Then You are a King? Jesus answered, You say it! [You speak correctly!] For I am a King. [Certainly I am a King!] This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the Truth. Everyone who is of the Truth [who is a friend of the Truth, who belongs to the Truth] hears and listens to My voice. —John 18:37, AMPC

"Constantly keep in mind Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [as] risen from the dead, [as the prophesied King] descended from David, according to the good news (the Gospel) that I preach. --2 Tim. 2:8, AMPC

When you ask the LORD to forgive you of your sins, and to come into your heart and be your LORD and Savior (John 3:16), He also becomes your Big Brother and your BIFF--Best Invisible Friend Forever (Prov. 18:24)! He will never leave you nor forsake you. He died for you on the cross so you can have an amazing abundant life (John 10:10), and He could never forget you—your name is engraved in the palms of His hands (Isa.49:16)!

After you receive Jesus as your Savior and LORD and BIFF, you can show others you believe by being baptized in water:

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this portion of Scripture he announced to him the glad tidings (Gospel) of Jesus and about Him. 36 And as they continued along on the way, they came to some water, and the eunuch exclaimed, See, [here is] water! What is to hinder my being baptized? 37 [a]And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart [if you have [b]a conviction, full of joyful trust, that Jesus is the Messiah and accept Him as the Author of your salvation in the kingdom of God, giving Him your obedience, then] you may. And he replied, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.--Acts 8:35-37

After you receive Christ Jesus as your Savior and LORD, ask the LORD to help you find the right Bible for you, and if you don’t already have one, find a Bible-believing church. There you can start getting to know more brothers and sisters in Christ, growing in the Word of God and get baptized in water as a statement to others that you have received Christ in your heart!

You can also ask the LORD to baptize you in His Holy Spirit, which is a phenomenal experience where you are empowered by the LORD to do great things for Him, and where you also get an instand new language—where you can speak in secrets to the LORD, so that no one else can understand (Acts 2:4)!

Congratulations on the best decision you’ve ever made! When anyone gets saved, the holy angels and others have a celebration in Heaven (Luke 15:7)!

God is the COOLEST, and get ready for a wonderful, adventurous new life in Christ!

 

 

 

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print