The King's Horse
by Tonja Taylor

"Three of you will advance to the next level," said the angel Baruch, standing much taller than the 12
white horses to which he spoke. He drew a scroll with a golden ribbon out of his light blue sash, then unrolled it. “And only one of the three will be chosen to be...The King’s Horse!1

The words echoed in K’li NaeSae’s heart. His mother had told him long ago that his name meant “armorbearer,”2 a loyal helper of the one he served.

Oh, to serve the King! Oh, to have the high honor of being the Royal Horse to carry King Jesus to earth to gather His people! Do I really have a chance? he wondered.

Then he realized that the angel had not stopped speaking.

“...and the last of the three is...K’li NaeSae!"  Chosen horses, come forward!” boomed the voice of the angel.

K’li NaeSae whinnied in excitement, and held his head high as he nodded to Tharrheo3 and Corazón4 and marched forward with them.

“The LORD has need of you,” said Baruch5. There was a gleam of wonder in his eye as he said, “Only the very best will carry the Son of the Most High.”

Let it be me! K’li NaeSae thought. And he prayed in his heart that the Creator would help him.

 

The next day the horses were awake before dawn, eager to get started. Baruch had told them there was only one test. Between bites of their breakfast of fresh grass, they talked about what it could be.

“Oh, it can’t be too hard,” said Tharrheo. “We’ve made it this far. The rest is probably easy.”

Corazón agreed. “Tests can be tricky. But, we’re all excellent choices—strong, handsome, talented, tall, obedient to our riders. We step fancy, we’re proven in battle—“

"Those were not real battles,” interrupted Tharrheo, “because the war was already won by King Jesus6. But when the King returns to earth, all eyes will be on the horse who carries Him!”

“Surely those battle skills will come in somewhere!” said Corazón. “What do you think, K’li NaeSae?”

K’li NaeSae was thoughtful. “I think, “ he said, “we’d better finish eating. Baruch will be here soon.” And he took one more bite.

“Don’t talk much, do you?” said Tharrheo.

Suddenly, Baruch was standing before them. “It is time!” he said, in a commanding voice.

Tharrheo and Corazón jumped, and gulped down the rest of their bites.

K’li NaeSae was calm outside but thrilled inside. The angel--powerful, a bit frightening, and splendid in his glistening white garments--was also a created being like them7. How much more magnificent must be the King, the Creator, Himself!

“Angels are always so serious,” whispered Tharrheo. K’li NaeSae nodded, but stayed quiet. This was important business, and he didn’t want to miss anything.

Baruch looked at them for a moment. “There is only one rule,” he said, and disappeared.

The horses stood a few moments and stared at each other.

“What?” said Tharrheo. “I thought we were taking The Big Test today, and he left without telling us the rule!”

“Shhh!” said Corazón. “This must be part of the test. We can do it!”

As the others talked, K’li NaeSae started walking. “Look!” he said, “Three doors!”

“Doors? What are we supposed to do now?” asked Tharrheo.

“Go through them,” said Corazón, but hesitated.

They looked at K’li NaeSae, and Tharrheo said, “What now?”

“Doors are made to walk through!” K’li NaeSae said, then smiled and entered the first one.

Tharrheo and Corazón walked through the other two. Within moments, all three horses were together again, on a lovely winding path.

“Well, gee, you’d have thought we’d have separate paths, after all that door business,” grumbled Tharrheo.

“Shhh!” said Corazón. “Show more respect!”

K’li NaeSae did not reply, but stayed alert. Whatever came, he wanted to be ready. It would all be worth it to carry the King.

Around the curve was a lovely meadow and a sparkling stream.

“I’m going to get a drink!” said Tharrheo.

Corazón stayed on the path with K’li NaeSae. They walked slowly, and Tharrheo soon joined them again. “See, no problem. Why don’t you guys relax a bit?”

“Well, we’re supposed to stay on the path, right? I guess...Are we being too serious?” said Corazón.

“Watch out!” said K’li NaeSae, as a huge, eight-foot-long snake dropped onto the path. It had six dragon-heads.

Tharrheo and Corazón reared and neighed in alarm. “I hate snakes!” he said. “And I don’t like dragons8 either!”

“Aw, it’s just a hologram or something,” said Tharrheo, and he stood on the path as the devilish creature struck at him. It barely missed and moved to strike again. “I should stomp it—“

“Exactly!” said K’li NaeSae. He shuddered. “We’ve got to do this together. Ready? Use your battle stomp! One-two-three—CRUSH!” and the three horses came down as one on top of the snake’s six heads.

The body continued to move.

“Yuck, it’s real!” said Tharrheo. “That must be the test...but what’s the rule?”

“Beware surprises?” suggested Corazón. “We finally used some of that battle training--”

“Yes—we worked together! Said K’li NaeSae. “Let’s move on!”

The path continued, and started uphill. The horses looked carefully at the trees, but no more dragon-snakes bothered them. They walked several more minutes and started to relax. As they topped the hill, they saw a strange set-up of bars and water pools and concrete walls.

“An obstacle course!” K’li NaeSae said.

“Aw,” said Tharrheo, “can’t we just go around it?”

“Lost your confidence?” said Corazón.

Tharrheo snorted. “Watch this!” he said, and jumped the first few obstacles, but then knocked the bar off of one and it splashed into the water on the other side.

“Oh no!” he said. “I hope this doesn’t have anything to do with ‘The Rule,’ unless the rule is “Thou shall be perfect.”

“Tharrheo, it can’t be,” K’li NaeSae said, “Only the Holy One is perfect...“

“You talk like Baruch!” said Tharrheo, knocking off another bar. “Aren’t we supposed to be happy in Heaven? And how does jumping a bar prove whether we can carry the King? Your turn, Corazón.”

“Here I go!” said Corazón, and ran hard at the first wall. But he jumped too low, and instead of clearing the concrete, injured his left leg and fell into the water. He lay there to catch his breath, and K’li NaeSae rushed up to him.

“Corazón! Can you walk?” He pushed on his friend to help him up.

“Ow, that hurts!” Corazón said, as he struggled to rise. He sank back into the pool.

“Let me just lie here a while,” said. “I need to move so you can do the course.” He sighed. “It’s between you two now.”

“You didn’t mean to get hurt,” said K’li NaeSae. “Surely you’re not disqualified.”

Tharrheo walked up. “Sorry, Corazón.” He rubbed his nose gently on Corazón’s shoulder.

“K’li NaeSae, what do we do now?”

K’li NaeSae said, “We let him rest, and hope that Baruch will come soon. I know we are being watched.”

“Yes, but how are you going to finish if he’s in the way?” blurted Tharrheo.

Corazón opened his eyes and tried to rise. “If I can get up on three hooves--”

“No, just rest!” K’li NaeSae said. “We’ll figure this out—“

“But what if we can’t?” said Tharrheo. “I’m ready for this to be over anyway.”

”Baruch didn’t give us a time limit, only one rule,” replied K’li NaeSae. He turned back to Corazón. “I’m sorry you were hurt, my friend.” He was careful not to let his voice sound disappointed.

Surely I won’t be chosen if I don’t complete the course, K’li NaeSae thought. He walked over to a nearby shade and stood, and tried to imagine himself carrying the one true King.

He could picture himself arrayed in fine royal dressings of blue and purple and gold, with his head held high, neck arched. He imagined how it would feel to have the silken splendor of the edges of the Majesty’s robes draped over him as he proudly carried the supreme King of Glory.

He tried to picture the victorious face of Jesus wearing His royal crown, with the sleek sharp sword at His side, and the sash dipped in blood. He could almost read “King of kings and LORD of lords” written on His thigh9, and see the fire in Jesus’ eyes—the fire of love for those who belonged to Him....

Then, understanding blossomed like a rose in K'li NaeSae's heart. He savored it for several moments, resting. His disappointment left. Joy surged in him, and freedom.

I understand now, he thought, thrilled. Now he knew it was not about the horse that carried the Master. It was all about helping the King Who was Love to bring His beloved people Home.

It was all about serving as a vessel to carry Love!10

The only rule—the Royal Rule—was Love!

Immediately, the course disappeared and in its place were thousands of white horses, arrayed in splendid dressings, and without bridle and bit. There was a rider dressed in white linen mounted proudly on each horse.

A mighty angel stood at the front of the group, with a dazzling new shofar trumpet in his hand!

Amazed, K’li NaeSae just stared.

Baruch appeared and motioned to Tharrheo and Corazón—now dressed in finery, and they walked to the front turned to face him. The two horses nodded in honor of K’li NaeSae.

Then, Baruch approached K’li NaeSae. The horse thought he saw a hint of a smile on his face. “Well done, K’li NaeSae. You understand The One Royal Rule. Now, prepare to meet The King!

K’li NaeSae’s heart thrilled and he bowed, his head between his forelegs, his eyes shut. His heart beat faster than ever, and he concentrated hard, wanting to memorize these moments. He raised his head and opened his eyes just in time to see the angel put the horn to his lips.

Then, K’li NaeSae gasped and he was filled with bliss as he saw see the most beautiful nail-scarred Hand reach down to touch his head...

The End

 

Notes for Learning Fun: 

1 Revelation 19:11, “After that I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse [appeared]! The One Who was riding it is called Faithful (Trustworthy, Loyal, Incorruptible, Steady) and True, and He passes judgment and wages war in righteousness (holiness, justice, and uprightness).”

2 K’li NaeSae – Hebrew words “K’li” (k’LEE) and “Nasa” (Nay-SAY);
Armorbearer/armorcarrier, (one who helps carry the load) “Vessel + carry” (#3627 K’li and #5375 Nasa, Strong’s)

3 Tharrheo - (thar HREH o) – “bold and confident” (#2292 Strongs’)

4 Corazón – (Core ah ZONE) Spanish for “heart”

5 Baruch – (Bah RUKE) – Hebrew for “blessed”

6 Revelation 1:17-18: “When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”

7 Genesis 1:1: “In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth.”
And John 1:1-3: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

8 Revelation 12:3-4, 7-8: “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.”

9 Revelation 19:16: “And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

10 1 John 4:16: “And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.”

Also see "The King's Horse: Questions for Reflection"! 





Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print