A VOID IN OUR HEART
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer  Lupie Riley


Thought:  I looked up the meaning of VOID and in simple terms it means empty or unoccupied.  Do we really have a place in our hearts that is empty?  Some explanations of this void is that space is reserved for God's presence alone.
Is there other things we can fill that empty place with besides God?  The answer is yes.  Worship is an intense devotion to or esteem for a person or thing.  For those who fill that void with a personal relationship with Jesus that place has been filled with the purpose it was intended , the worship of God.
For those who have filled that empty place with family, friends, material objects like money, car's, houses, entertainment, personal success, worldly things that we put our devotion and esteem in, they become objects of idol worship.
It was once said that when God created mankind he purposely left that empty place in our heart so that we could fill it with His presence.  He would walk with us on a daily basis giving us His peace and comfort, promises and hope as we go through life's journey. Our bodies would become the temple where God dwells.  What have you filled that void with?  Is it the presence of Jesus who always knows whats best for us?


Prayer:  Father God, you created me with that empty place so that I could fill it with your presence.  You gave me the ability to worship you and you alone.  Help me not to be so distracted by the world that I fail to remember that you live within and should be worshiped for who you are, the great I AM.


Verse:  Rom. 8:28 " And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print