Too Little,Too Late
by PamFord Davis

The Israelites had their chance.

They could have entered and taken possession of the Promised Land.

The majority ruled; in fear and rebellion they refused. (Numbers 13:1-33)

With second thoughts, they changed their minds.

“When Moses spoke these words to all the sons of Israel, the people mourned greatly.  In the morning, however, they rose up early and went up to the ridge of the hill country, saying, ‘Here we are; we have indeed sinned, but we will go up to the place which the Lord has promised.’  But Moses said, ‘Why then are you transgressing the commandment of the Lord, when it will not succeed?  Do not go up, or you will be struck down before your enemies, for the Lord is not among you.  For the Amalekites and the Canaanites will be there in front of you, and you will fall by the sword, inasmuch as you have turned back from following the Lord. And the Lord will not be with you.’  But they went up heedlessly to the ridge of the hill country; neither the ark of the covenant of the Lord nor Moses left the camp.  Then the Amalekites and the Canaanites who lived in that hill country came down, and struck them and beat them down as far as Hormah (Numbers 14:39-45 NASB).”

It was too little, too late.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print