FOOT WASHING AND HUMILITY
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: Recently while surfing on the internet I came across a video of a policeman washing the feet of a blind, homeless man. This gesture touched my heart and had much to say about humility.


It brought to memory of the Creator, the Great I AM putting on an apron to wash the feet of the diciples..an act of total humility which is difficult for many people to put into practice. It means putting aside your own will and allowing God to be first in all you do and say.


John 13:4,5,14,16,20 " So he got up from the supper table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his lioins, poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples feet and wipe them with the towel he had around him. V.14,16,20 " How true it is that a servant is not greater than his master. Nor is the messenger more important than the one who sends him. Truly, anyone welcoming my messenger is welcoming me. And to welcome me is to welcome the Father who sent me."


Humility comes with blessings of peace, allowing God his rightful place in your heart. He can save marriages, help you to forgive that person who has hurt you and teach you how to truly love others for He is LOVE.
Prayer: Father God, you are what love stands for and what the world needs now is to learn how to love one another. Love is the answer to all the worlds problems. Help me to learn how to love your way and forgive those who have offended me. Amen


Verse: Rom. 12:16 "Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion, (NKJV)"



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print