I Relate to Faith
by PamFord Davis

“Now the word of the Lord came to him: ‘This one will not be your heir; instead, one who comes from your own body will be your heir.’ He took him outside and said, ‘Look at the sky and count the stars, if you are able to count them.’ Then He said to him, ‘Your offspring will be that numerous.’

Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to him as righteousness (Genesis 15:4-6 HCSB).”

Yes, Abraham believed. His desire would be fulfilled; not through fate but through faith.

Remember the popular song ‘When You Wish Upon a Star?’ (Disney’s Pinocchio) You might need to find the lyrics to refresh your memory.

The lyrics repeatedly refer to fate.

I relate to 'faith.'

Through faith, dreams do come true; prayers are answered.

The wise men didn’t wish upon a star. In faith, they followed it.

“When they saw the star, they were overjoyed beyond measure.  Entering the house, they saw the child with Mary His mother, and falling to their knees, they worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh (Matthew 2:10-11 HCSB).”

Finding Jesus, King of the Jews; they worshiped Him.

They gave gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

What can I give to please God?

“Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship (Romans 12:1 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print