Your Holy Health - Part 12 - Strengthen Your Core
by Tonja Taylor

The body core is very important. To strengthen it, do this if nothing else: Walk at least 10-20 minutes several times a week, and do slow sit ups every day. When I worked a few years as a secretary (where I was sitting most of the day) and didn’t work out after I got home, my core quickly weakened. One day, I was sitting and leaned over backwards to reach behind me and get something off the floor—and almost blacked out, because my stomach was very unfit, and a nerve was pressed and OUCH!!

I suffered a nerve issue in my back, arm, and leg, for many months, with pain and weakness in my leg, back, and even some numbness and pain in my shoulder, and was quoting healing Scriptures over my body. I have no doubt the Word was helping me tremendously.

The LORD also gives us wisdom about what to do in the natural realm, and He led me to a women’s conference, where I mentioned the nerve issue and was led to a Christian chiropractor He took X-rays and treated me several weeks, and many issues were resolved. I am thankful!

Meanwhile, I also got back on track with exercise. I had to start slow and small with bounces on the rebounder and also sit-ups. I soon discovered it works best for me to lie on my back on a carpet or mat and put my legs up on a chair, keeping my legs relaxed and focusing on “pulling my belly button to the carpet.”

Caution: Always warm up first before stretching or doing situps! I know some people in fitness urge people to start warming up by stretching. I don’t understand that, unless it is very gently. As one who was in sports for years, I can tell you that not warming up before I started stretching caused injuries, and once, even a torn muscle. OUCH. That also cost me a victory in a hurdle race, plus time out for healing.

Be good to yourself and do a few jumping jacks or run in place until your muscles warm up, then do as many sit-ups as possible, slowly and smoothly. Don’t jerk. Start with five or even two if that is all you can do, and add at least one every day. Don’t give up. Hold your hands behind your head and be sure to not strain your neck.

In this process of researching equipment, I discovered a high-level sports rebounder), which has been a God-send. I started very slowly bouncing on this rebounder, just a few minutes at a time, and gradually built up to where, as my body healed and came into alignment with the Word, treatments from the chiropractor, and slow, steady sit-ups (which strengthens the stomach and thus the back), I could jump high and much longer, with much greater force.

I almost always jump as I watch or listen to praise music or good solid teaching of the Word of God. That way, I am strengthening my physical core and, more importantly, my spiritual core!

Working out on the rebounder—especially as I listen to high-energy praise and worship music or teaching and preaching of the Word—is also great to bring up my light-heartedness, as I sing and bounce and feel a bit like Tigger in Winnie the Pooh. There is obviously something to bouncing, and both he and I know it.



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print