Your Holy Health - Part 16 - Veggies are Delicious
by Tonja Taylor

The best way to consume vegetables and fruits, of course, is washed and raw. I have used a “vegetable wash,” which you can find at the health food store. It is good to spray the fruits and veggies you buy with this and “scrub” them a bit, then rinse them under filtered water.

I also wash organic veggies and fruit before I eat them, whether I buy them from a farmer or the store. Even if I shop at the farmer’s market, I ask them to make sure they haven’t sprayed their crops with pesticides.

My husband and I have learned—and actually prefer—to have several servings of fresh veggies and fruits with at least one meal every day. I also throw in frozen organic strawberries or other fruit with my power shake in the mornings. By the way, frozen fruit and veggies are healthier than canned fruit, from what I understand, for more of the nutrients are preserved.

At first, especially if you are used to eating a lot of sugar, fruit and vegetables may not taste good to you.  But as you reduce sugar--especially by using good substitutes like honey and stevia and other naturally sweet substances--the taste of vegetables and fruits will start to taste better to you. They will soon become delicious to you, especially as you know that, when you eat them, you are doing your body only good!

It's really what you get used to.  The average person takes about 21 days to develop a habit of doing or thinking something different.  You can change one thing a month, or over a couple of months. 

Be easy on yourself--if you try to be legalistic about this and beat yourself up when you have sugar or something different than the change you're wanting to make, you may make it harder on yourself than you have to. 

Just relax and enjoy, and trust God your Father to help you. He will. (As long as you know Jesus, His Son, as Savior and LORD, that is. If He is not your Father, just ask the LORD to forgive you of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you and be your LORD. He will, for all who call upon the Name of the LORD will be saved (Romans 10:13)!).

The LORD Elohim, Who created you, takes great delight in your prosperity, and desires that you prosper in spirit, soul, body--and every area of your life (3 John 2). When you know Jesus, He is your best Friend and will help you in every area of life!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print