Your Holy Health - Part 22 - Feeding Your Child
by Tonja Taylor

Obesity in children and teens has been recently labeled to be of “epidemic” proportions. High-fat, high-sugar, and processed food full of harmful additives and preservatives and more has been so prevalent in our American society—and the preferred ignorance of how it is doing us and our kids harm—that it seems overwhelming to try to change. Yet, there are also pockets of people, including some parents, who are working to change things. It starts with you and me.

I have been happy to see that the junk snack and soda machines, at least in my part of the country, have been taken out of the cafeterias of public schools. Hoorah for those decision makers!

I don’t understand why junk machines are still in some private schools—except to make money for the school. Since private schools do not (yet) receive any support from state funds, they are often doing fundraisers. But at what expense?

How about let’s put in healthy snacks and drinks and offer them for sale? After all, most things taste good now even though they are healthy, compared to years ago. If someone is hungry, they will pretty much eat whatever is available—including food that is good for them!

Just a (healthy) thought.



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print