Coffee and Conversations
by PamFord Davis

Some things were vastly different back in the 1960’s.

As now, people were occupied with their immediate families and jobs. Yet, it seems like we found more time to spend with relatives and friends.

My parents enjoyed coffee and conversations.

In most instances; kitchen tables were their gathering places.

The coffee was hot and the conversations were lengthy.

Driving made visits special occasions. On one occasion, conversation turned to criticism on our ride back home. The friends had served coffee in badly stained cups. Evidently the woman didn’t realize how important stain removal was.

She had washed the cups but had not removed coffee stains from inside.

“Now when He had spoken, a Pharisee asked Him to have lunch with him; and He went in, and reclined at the table. When the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised that He had not first ceremonially washed before the meal. But the Lord said to him, ‘Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but inside of you, you are full of robbery and wickedness. You foolish ones, did not He who made the outside make the inside also (Luke 11:37-40 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print