No Substitute
by PamFord Davis

Are you trying to restrict salt from your diet?

Many are; the elderly often cut down salt intake. Physicians recommend it to patients suffering with with water retention and high blood pressure. Trying to follow doctors’ orders and wanting to control blood pressure; they use a salt substitute. Would my Dad settle for a substitute?

He had so many substitutes; so many changes since Mom’s death.

The first was going into an assisted living facility. From there he moved to a nursing home. Both were adequate at best; neither were the same as living with Mom. Nursing Home food was nutritional but no substitute for fresh garden produce. My sister Donna visited Dad regularly. Knowing how much he’d enjoy a summertime treat, she came bearing gifts.

I don’t remember what fruit or vegetable Donna brought.

Was it ripe tomatoes, cucumbers or melons?

I do know she included salt substitute for seasoning.

“Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person (Colossians 4:6 NASB).”

Have you received God’s grace?

There is no substitute!

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print