Role Play
by PamFord Davis

I’d like to introduce two characters of role play.

My husband Norm once played a make believe character he called Oscar. He changed his voice each time he assumed the role of Oscar. Strange, he used the same voice when pretending to be Santa! My younger sister sounded like an old lady when acting as Granny Pearson.  They used their imaginations; making believe was only a pastime.

People sometimes 'pretend' to be holy.

No one is perfect; yet, some would like you to think they are.

They’re hypocrites.

The scribes and Pharisees were the religious leaders of Jesus’ day. Christ knew their hearts; He did not take their hypocrisy lightly.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation (Matthew 23:13-14 NASB).”

We don’t need to take on the roles of judge and jury. Jesus condemns the hypocrites; He will bring judgment.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print