How Important Is A Good Testimony From God To You
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you know what God thinks of you? The testimony of the Lord goes a long way to determine what is allowed to come to you. So, the occurrences around you, to a great extent, depict what He testifies of you. Therefore, it is important to consider God's testimony of you for a more fruitful and peaceful life. This post gives the importance of having a good testimony from the Lord.

Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land - Job 1:8-10 (NKJV).

Many people are concerned about what other people think about them more than what God thinks. Also, they are more interested in pleasing themselves rather than the lord. This affects what they do and how they respond to God's instructions, they tend to forget that He has the final say over their lives (Luke 12:16-21). And in so doing, they remove themselves from the Lord's good book, expose themselves to attacks from the enemy and frequently fall into his traps.

However, when you are upright, fear God and hate evil like Job, you will please the Lord and have good testimonies from Him. Furthermore, the Lord will fully manifest in your life (John 14:21) and show Himself faithful. So, let's see how He will do these:

The Importance of A Good Testimony From God

1. Success

 A good testimony from the Lord will cause Him to bless the work of your hands like He did for Job (Job 1:10), which will lead to success.

2. All round protection

This is another way by which God manifests in your life. He builds a hedge of protection around you and all that belongs to you, including your household (Job 1:10). This will ensure that the enemy never steals, kills or destroys what has to do with you.

3. Blessings

God will pour out His blessings upon you and cause your possessions to increase (Job 1:10). And the blessings of God makes rich and adds no sorrow with it.

4. Healing, health and long life

Good testimony from the Lord will cause you to enjoy good health or healing when you are sick and long life, like King Hezekiah (2 Kings 20:1-6). The King reminded God that he had done that which was good in His sight and so deserves to live, and God healed him and added to his days 15 more years.

5. Divine secrets

God reveals great secrets to those have good testimonies with Him. For instance, He revealed His secret to Abraham because He had a good testimony of him that he would command his household to walk in obedience to Him (Genesis 18:17-19).

6. Enthronement

When you walk uprightly and obey God's instructions, God will enthrone you on earth whichever He chooses. For example, He enthroned David as the king of Israel because as He testified of him that he was a man after His heart and would fulfil all His will (Acts 13:22).

7. Vengeance

 This is another importance of a good testimony from God. This is because when you fully stand for the Lord, He will fully stand for you, including avenging all wrongs done to you. This was the case for Moses; when Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses, God rose against them and afflicted Miriam with Leprosy (Numbers 12:1-10).

Conclusion

Therefore, it is very important to seek to have a good testimony from God. For you will have nothing to lose but a lot to gain. So, follow the footsteps of Job: be blameless and upright, fear God and shun evil, and the devil will not steal, kill or destroy whatever that pertains to you.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print