IMMORTALITY
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance writer Lupie Riley

 

Thought:  Recently in a discussion during our community dinner someone related how so any people were going into the panic mode over the coronavirus.  Schools closing, stores and restaurants shutting their doors and an apocalyptic run on toilet tissue.  Fear has gripped the people in this nation. 

 

It was brought up that fear comes from the unknown.  If they should contract this virus and die where would they end up?  The question for many who do not have faith in God to carry them through this crisis, is there life hereafter?   Fear comes from the fear of death when their life would cease to be.  If they cannot answer the question with all confidence that their life would go on in an eternal existence panic sets in.  That’s what were observing in this obsession to run out and get the supplies they need even to the point of hoarding.  The results are total chaos in a society that does not have this blessed hope.

 

How do we acquire this hope?  It can only come through placing our faith in what the Bible says about Christ.  Was he really God the creator in the flesh or was he just and ordinary person like you and me, a prophet with a message to the people like so many others?  However, this God/man Jesus was unique in that he revealed he had power to perform many incredible miracles that convinced witnesses to acknowledge that he truly was the Messiah.  He went even further to take upon himself all the sins of the world and bodily sacrifice himself on a cross to provide forgiveness and redemption for all who believe in who He was and what he did for them. 

Through his resurrection he had victory over death that was brought upon mankind through Adam and Eve’s disobedience to God’s instruction in the garden.  In his glorified body he walked through walls and ate with the disciples. This is like the eternal body he offers us through forgiveness and faith.  Life does go on for the believer even after death.  This is the blessed hope for all of God’s children who have been spiritually reborn. 

 

In this time of crisis Jesus is the answer to give you strength, peace and comfort no matter what the circumstance and how bad it can get.  There is hope in Christ in the midst of a world filled with turmoil, fear and anxiety.   By faith ask Him to come into your life today.

Prayer:  Father God you are the source of that blessed hope in that you have promised eternal life and a home called Heaven for those who have placed their faith in Christ.  Thank you for this confidence I have in your Word and promise.

 

Verse:  Heb. 2:14-15 “Since we, God’s children, are human beings—made of flesh and blood—he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the devil and who had the power of death.  Only in that way could he deliver those who through fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread.”

 

 



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print