Military Might
by PamFord Davis

You might say that I come from a military family.

You might be right.

My Dad served in the Army during World War II. Our son-in-law is retired Air Force; his youngest son enlisted too. Grandson, Matthew is now carrying on the tradition of military might.

“Moreover, Uzziah prepared for all the army shields, spears, helmets, body armor, bows and sling stones.  In Jerusalem he made engines of war invented by skillful men to be on the towers and on the corners for the purpose of shooting arrows and great stones. Hence his fame spread afar, for he was marvelously helped until he was strong (2 Chronicles 26:14-15 NASB).”

Our nation has a strong military.

There are spiritual battles; I’d be foolish to rely on my own strength.

“Then he said to me, This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts (Zechariah 4:6 NASB).”

I am weak; yet, I can be a mighty prayer warrior!

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print