The Effects Of Spirituality In The Life Of A Man
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you wonder why you have no peace and your life seems to crash down? Then, one area I will suggest you check is your spirituality. This is because your spirituality determines what happens to you physically. This post relates your success in life to your spirituality in Christ.

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God - Romans 8:5-8 (NKJV).

Many people are so bothered and troubled in life that they miss out what the Maker has in store for them. These are results of being carnal. In other words, they set their minds on the things of the flesh and the cares of this world, rather than the things of the Spirit.

You Are A Spirit Being

You are essentially a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. Therefore, for you to succeed in life, you must not neglect your spirit. This is because your spirit needs to rule over your soul and body to put you on the right path. Otherwise, your life will turn out messed up because your soul and body are not to orchestrate your life. It's like putting governing of a country in the hands of a child without supervision.

Carnality

Carnality is living according to the dictates of the flesh and enmity against God. For, it is not subject to the law of God, neither is it capable of doing so. As such, it cannot please God and so leads to death. A carnal mind doesn't consider the will of God before acting but acts spontaneously as the flesh desires. And the works of the flesh include adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like (Galatians 5:19-21). Unfortunately, those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Spirituality In Christ

A spiritual mind, on the other hand, lives according to the Spirit of God and is subject to the law of God. It acts according to the will of God or His laws and so always pleases Him. And the fruit of the Spirit include love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).

Success of Spirituality

Spirituality based on the word of God makes one to obey the Lord; think, talk and act like Him. This makes you to relate with people as God would want you to, as such manifesting the fruit of the Spirit. Also, spirituality will cause you to respond to issues or situations as God would want you to without fear or anxiety. Furthermore, it makes you to have life and peace in abundance.

Spiritual mindedness makes you walk in love and to easily forgive others, thereby helping you avoid offences. So, you will be at peace with all men. This alone is health to your spirit, soul and body. Also, you live above sin and reproach when you are spiritually minded; and challenges will be walk over for you. This is because you will be walking with the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).

Furthermore, spirituality makes you rub minds with the only wise God (Proverbs 27:17). So, it gives you access to the wisdom of God which will exalt you above your peers. This will give you success and peace in all areas of your life. In summary, spirituality reorganizes your mindset aright and empowers you to act wisely and enjoy life and peace.

Eve

In Genesis 3, we have the story of the temptation of man. There, Eve was carnally minded, leading to the spiritual death of man. She was so engrossed with satisfying her flesh that she disregarded the command of God that they should not eat the fruit of that tree. And she fell into this temptation because she focused on the devil's words and the beauty of the fruit. So, the lust of the eyes and the flesh had an upper hand over her than her spirit. This led to them leaving the beautiful Garden of Eden.

The Shunammite woman

On the other hand, in 2 Kings 4:8-37 we have the story of the Shunammite woman who was barren but spiritually minded. She perceived Elisha as a man of God and went ahead to make him comfortable each time he came to her town. This action of hers led to her conception and delivery of a male child because Elisha blessed. Also, her spirituality restored the boy back to life when he died. For, she didn't wail like a woman who didn't know the power of God that resided on Elisha. Rather, she sent for him to come and restore the boy back to life without even informing her husband of the death of the boy.

Conclusion

Your present state is a function of your spirituality and you have the power to change it or make it better. Therefore, choose this day to build up your spirituality in the Lord and enjoy life, peace and success.

Prayer - I pray that God will help you to do what it takes to be spiritually minded.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print