Fear Of Evil Or Faith In God-What at This Time?
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you afraid of COVID-19 or do you have faith in God that it won't affect you? Surely, you either have fear or faith in God at this time. And what you have determines what comes to you. So, in this post we will be examining these two emotions to determine what you have.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love - 1 John 4:18 (KJV).

Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes - Mark 9:23 (NKJV).

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand - Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV).

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God - Mark 11:22 (NKJV).

The fear of this virus, which is actually fear of death, has taken hold of people that many Christians have even forgotten who they are in Christ and what God promised them in the scriptures. Though, these Christians know the truth, they have not allowed this truth to profit them. This is because they have not missed what they know with faith (Hebrews 4:2).

You either have faith or fear at any given time, you can't have both at the same time. However, you decide which emotion you express per time. And what knowledge you yield to at the time governs your decision. Also, know that fear and faith enter into your life and manifest the same way. So, you choose what you let in or out of your life.

Comparison Between Faith And Fear

Similarities

1. They come by what you hear (Romans 10:17, Numbers 13:32-33, 14:1-3).

2. They are given flesh through our thoughts (Hebrews 4:2)

3. They are given life or power through the words of your mouth (Mark 11:23, 2 Corinthians 4:13, Numbers 13:31-33).

4. They manifest through words and actions (James 2:17)

Differences

1. Faith is of God while fear is of the devil (2 Timothy 1:7, Genesis 3:1-11)

2. Fear has torments (1 John 4:18) and opens the door for the enemy to afflict you (Job 3:25).

3. Faith saves and establishes you and fulfils prophecies in your life (2 Chronicles 20:20, Acts 16:31, Luke 1:45).

4. With Faith you please or attract God, while with fear you please or attract the devil (Hebrews 11:6).

5. The word of God gives rise to faith, while the word of the devil (through news and other evil reports) gives rise to fear (Romans 10:17, Numbers 13:32-33, 14:1-3).

Evil reports are reports that are contrary to what God says. Also know that God's words will always give peace (Psalm 85:8). And the Lord commands that you fear not in so many scriptures, rather that you have faith in God. This is because, except you fear, the enemy will not gain access into your life.

Therefore, having looked at fear and faith, which one do you have at this time? Surely, fear is the cause of the panic over COVID-19 across the nations. That is fear of dying as a result of this virus. For fear attracted the enemy to carry out his mission (which is to steal, kill and destroy) all over the nations. However, if you will choose to have faith in God, He will save you and fulfil His word of protection over your life. Also, He will strengthen you and uphold you with His righteous hand.

Conclusion

So, choose to discard the evil reports spreading around and not give it flesh. Rather, choose the report of the Lord, meditate on it and fear will die in you. Furthermore, spread the good news of faith and diffuse the fear across the nations of the earth and COVID-19 will die with it. And remember all things are possible to him that believes.

Therefore, remember to engage the hygiene procedures, observe the social distance and above all have faith in God.

Prayer - My prayer for any one under the siege of fear of COVID-19 is that God will break the hold of the spirit of fear over your life and your loved ones, and that He will build your faith in Him in Jesus name.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print