Hand Washing
by Olawale Ogunsola

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand
in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands,..." Psalm 24:3-4a
An expert was speaking on a local FM radio station in Nigeria, West Africa in the middle of February 2020, on the need to wash hand often and often. This he said while commenting on preventing coronavirus from spreading. He asserted that a man's hand contains bacteria more than can be found in a toilet. Huuh! It is not whether he is right or wrong or possibility of exageration that matters but the truth is clear that hand washing is inevitable in all circumstances. There is no way hands will not be an abode of bacteria because it plays prominent roles in human activities.
This expert also asserted that studies have shown that hands will be lifted up to the face about twenty three times within an hour. Can you contest this? There is no need for controversy, he must have done his home work very well before he came on air.
There is no reason to your hands are too busy to care for the rest of the body.
It is a universal recommendation that washing of hands can prevent one from contacting coronavirus and can hinder its spread . Prevention is better than cure. Soap and water can easily do this. Hand sanitizer is also recommended for use. All is an attempt to run away from COVID 19.
Hand washing has not been so popularised as it is today. I wish it become a permanent culture of those who have not be accustomed to it.
Do you know that this new era of hand washing is not a new thing to those who are spirituality inclined? I mean those who are religious and spiritual. Hand washing is part of religious culture of some people. You can call it their culture.
Let me state here that it is possible to be very religious but be far from your Lord God of heaven and earth. Having a close affinity with the Lord your God is what I mean by being truly spiritual. This also calls for having clean hands.
The Psalmist knows and understands this that is why he declared in Psalm 24:3-4a as stated at the start of this piece. He knows from his personal relationship with his Creator that those with filthy hands have no stand before a holy God. He cannot behold filthiness at all. King David, the writer of the Psalm enjoyed walking with a holy God with clean hands.
Do you know that your hands play significant roles in every misdeed you are involved in? You cannot do but involve your hands in every sin that you commit. If the hand does not start it, it will be a collaborator during execution or it is the finisher of the distardly acts you carry out in many cases it is the doer in all the three stages. Watch it!
Hear these from the Lord from the book of Jeremiah 33:13,15.
"Hear, ye that far off, what I have done, and ye that are near,
acknowledge my might.
He that walked righteously and speaketh uprightly, he that despiseth
the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding bribes,
that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes
from seeing evil. " King James Version of the Scriptures.
Can you see that the Lord demans that your hands should do no evil? To take or hold bribes with your hands is a way to soil your hand and provoke your Creator to anger. Is this clear to you?
Do you want to be increasing stronger throughout your life? I mean becoming stronger in the Lord? Job 17:9 instructs.
"The righteous also shall hold on his stronger."
hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger "
If a world body like World Health Organisation (WHO) can recommend washing of hands to have a clean hand and people worldwide accept it to stay alive, humanity should do no less to embrace washing their hands in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and watch their activities for the rest of their live. This will not only make them live or live longer, it will guarantee them everlasting life.
Do you want this? Have a clean hand!
Stay blessed and prepared to meet the Lord your God anytime from now. Be worthy!



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print