The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth
by lareina morgan

Matthew Chapter 5:5


Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.

 

 

The meek are not praised or honored in our society. People tend to worship people in places of earthly power and authority. The rich, the famous. the talented, the bold money makers: these are the idols of the world. Power and authority given in the world cannot compare to the riches of God's love, compassion, and grace.



If you are meek, the world thinks that you are weak, soft, and unassuming. But God has a different perspective. He allows His people to experience pain and suffering in their lives so that they can appreciate His delivering power. When you know that you cannot make it on your own, when you desire the power of the Holy Spirit in your problems and circumstances, then you begin to live for God instead of for yourself.


To be meek in God's eyes is to be gentle, kind, compassionate, and humble. We need to show the true nature of God by our actions as well as our words. When we are kind to others, when we give of ourselves and our time, when we  learn to comfort other people, when we wait for God's timing and not our own when making important and small decisions about our lives, we show the world what God is truly like.



He seeks people who want to give rather than take, who love rather than hate, who will pray for bad people as well as good people, who will believe Him with all of their hearts and minds. That is why we are here; to know God, to love Him, and to accept Jesus Christ, His son, as our personal Lord and Savior. Once we accept the Holy Spirit into our hearts and minds, we can begin to express the meekness of our Father God.

 

 

That is why the meek shall inherit the Earth.



from the true world of God Blog
https://learningtoliveandloveinthewordofgod.blogspot.com/


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print