To Bear It
by PamFord Davis

Temptation is never far away.

It catches us off guard; in our weakest moments. Temptation enters when and where we’re most vulnerable. If we are drawn into sin, Satan is the one pulling the chain. He begins his work in our minds; temptation thoughts become actions. God gives warnings.

The Holy Spirit speaks through my conscience. Am I listening?

God warned Cain.

When did Cain’s temptation begin?

It might have started in his childhood & youth with sibling rivalry. Temptation turned into anger.

Satan cowered at the door.

"And Cain was very angry and his countenance fell. So the Lord said to Cain, Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it (Genesis 4:5b-7 NKJV).”

God’s warnings were ignored. Cain opened the door to the deceiver and murdered his brother Abel. (Verse 8)

He lived to regret it.

"And Cain said to the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear (Genesis 4:13 NKJV)!”

The Lord warned Cain; He warns us.

God gives the way of escape. We can bear it.

“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print