Jesus is Hungry
by Emmanuella Ellis

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited me in; Matthew 5:35 NASB

 

I sometimes wonder how I would have felt to have experienced Jesus as the disciples did.

I would be able to talk to Him about anything and He would be right there to address my questions and meet my needs.

The thought of having Jesus around is hardly fueled by the desire to offer something to Him.

Is it possible that we have seen Jesus countless times and passed by Him? Well, I have done just that. I couldn’t imagine Jesus as anyone else apart from an all-sufficient One who requires nothing.

I have never thought of Jesus as hungry, naked, sick or thirsty. Because of my blurred image of Him, I have ignored Him several times. I showed no concern when I heard that my neighbour was sick.

I passed by the guy begging on the street corner for some change and I didn’t bother to invite the stranded lady and her daughter into my home for a drink. I saw Jesus and cared too much about myself.

I thought about all the things that could go wrong if I invited a stranger to my home, sacrificed some time to visit and spare some change.

Now I know how Jesus looks like and what He would want us to do for Him. It is not all about receiving from Him but also giving to Him.

It will matter one day when we see Him seated on His throne. Next time you step out try looking for Jesus, all He might need could be a smile.

 



Emmanuella Ellis currently resides in Montreal, Canada. Emmanuella has a passion for writing and encouraging others on their walk with Christ.
  2015 Emmanuella Ellis

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print