God Abides in Us
by Sue Darling

John 14:20. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

When I first understood that God lives in me, I was shocked. At first it sounded blaspheme.  But there it is in the Bible. When you grow with this knowledge it gives you a completely different view of God and yourself. God actually lives in a born again Christian. Jesus said when a man and a woman become husband and wife they become one body. The mystical marriage of Jesus and His bride the church is like that. We become one with God. We are never equal to God, but Gods’ energy and His attributes and His Spirit flows through us and in us according to how much we have surrendered to Him. Jesus is the vine and we are His branches. We become His feet and hands to serve Him as He pleases.

John 15:4-5.Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

If you allow yourself to believe God wants to be one with you. You can understand faith healers and miracle workers better. God’s Spirit is in them flowing through them, if they remain humble before God and know without Jesus they can do nothing, they can do great works in His Name. When we allow Gods’ Spirit to speak through us, we have the power in us to touch hearts, because it is God who is in us working through us, not us. When people get this knowledge and understand it, it can do either of two things. 1. Become proud and start to think they are better than other people and equal to God, or secondly become humble and therefore God will use them, because they will give God all the glory.

John 14:23. Jesus answered and said to him, if anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.

What a promise. Don’t be afraid to believe God wants to make His home in you. Our bodies are the Temple of The Holy Spirit. We are truly precious in His eyes. We should never doubt His love for us.



Prayer is so powerful and we need to pray for everybody not just our family.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print