Sing Along!
by PamFord Davis

Im a lover of hymns and choruses. Many of the classics are scripture set to music. Most churches have an individual or praise team that leads in hymns and praise songs. I have had both men and women leading the music in churches where I have been a member. As a matter of fact, my husband Norm has served in the capacity of music director. When living in California, Norm and I had a unique experience. Our song leader/choir director was a teenager. Ron was gifted in music and he sang like a celebrity. He could have filled in on stage for the popular Johnny Mathis. Could you lead your congregation in worship? Chenaniah, leader of the Levites, was instructor in charge of the music, because he was skillful (1 Chronicles 15:22 NKJV). You say youre not a skillful leader? You can sing along! speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:19-20 NKJV).

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print