Enemies Within.
by Olawale Ogunsola

Some years ago, I heard an interesting story about a strong man of God which is relevant for the present age Christians.


What is it? 


A powerful man of God named Joseph Ayodele Babalola was raised in Nigeria many decades ago. He was the brain (the vessel of honour) behind 1930 revival in Nigeria. He was, and still is, believed to be the founder of Christ Apostolic Church, (CAC) World wide.


At the commencement of his ministry, the power of darkness raised attacks on him and the work of God in his hands. By God's special grace, he triumphed. Later, those opposed to him and his ministry jointly resolved to become his Church members. Note that these evil people did not repent and be forgiven their sins They continued in their nefarious activities inside the church. They did so to avoid direct confrontation with the power of God from outside.


They do the same today.
In the church of Jesus Christ today, people who are enemies of the true church abound. They not only joined the church, they aspire to ascend to be among the top echelon to be able to speak with authority and influence. They are seen as good members of the body of Christ but they are working for the opposite camp.


Whenever there is an issue that affects the church, they are swift to say, "By God's grace, I am also a Christian. Not only this, I am one of the leaders that dictates what happens to the church or ttrough it"
At the end of the day, they support those who are working against the Church. The sad part of it is that they will go the extra mile to support themselves with a verse or two from the Holy Scriptures.


Quoting the Scriptures by these enemies of the church is not new, it is the trick used by their father, the devil, to entice Jesus to obey him. He told Jesus,
"if thou be the son of God, cast thyself down for it is written,'He shall give His angel charge concerning thee : and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone." Matthew 4:6. King James Version KJV.


Glory be to God because Jesus is the same as the Father in Heaven, He's all seeing and all knowing. He gave him the right answer thus,
"It is written again, 'thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God'" verse 7.
For the enemies of the Gospel from within to execute their nefarious activities, they employ "it is written... " but the church must be aware of the truth and abide by it.


Let me give an instant here, a common verse in the era of COVID 19 is Romans 13:1."Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.
For there is no power but of God : the powers that be are ordained of God." King James Version.


This verse of the Holy Bible has been employed in recent times, most especially in Nigeria. This is because certain ministers conduct service where a lock down, total or partial, had been declared. I do not believe in disobeying any government order at all. I also know very well that the verse is relevant in christendom. In many cases, it is for the sake of the people. Most importantly in this era of Corona Virus. To obey every rule and regulation to avoid the diseases is for our benefits. That is true.


However, there is a state in Nigeria where the Governor is the enemy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Last year, he almost pull down a church building that is about one hundred and ten years old. He systematically or indirectly eliminate those who trust in Jesus Christ. That was before the advent of COVID 19. He was happy to close down worship centres - not only church buildings but mosques.


Do you know that there are those within the church settings that rejoice and support every move of any government to work against the gospel? In a state in Nigeria some time ago, when the Governor wanted to silence the Christians, he placed an embargo on distributing hand bills, posting of bills and erection of church boards. An agency was set up to oversee the implementation of the Government focus. Do you know the head of the agency? He was an ordained Pastor. Is it a right appointment for a true child of God? There are many more cases, not only in Nigeria but across the world.

Beware of the enemies within the church.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print